Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

Ok, I've checked out the expensive mansions, but now I want to look at a few homes that I might actually be able to afford one day.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't seem to search through the master list of homes in the 2007 parade of homes by builder. I am interested in visitng one of those Energy Star Homes built by Anderson. Does anybody know of an Anderson community that is participating in the 2007 Parade of homes? Are there any other builders in the Triangle that do the Energy Star thing?

Thanks!

~ NRG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 01:04 PM

27 posts, read 92,833 times
Don't know if there is one in the Wake Parade but there is an entry in Heather's Cobblestone development for the Johnston Parade of Homes. You can download their book at Johnston County - North Carolina.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:12 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times

Yeah, I love my Anderson home! I love my electric bill, I love the design of my home, I love my electric bill, I love the neighborhood, I love my electric bill...

Definately come out and check out the Anderson homes! There are some beautiful homes being built right now, I like to check them out while walking my dogs.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Ok, I've checked out the expensive mansions, but now I want to look at a few homes that I might actually be able to afford one day.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I can't seem to search through the master list of homes in the 2007 parade of homes by builder. I am interested in visitng one of those Energy Star Homes built by Anderson. Does anybody know of an Anderson community that is participating in the 2007 Parade of homes? Are there any other builders in the Triangle that do the Energy Star thing?

Thanks!

~ NRG
Wake Co has 4 Anderson Homes on Parade, home numbers:

You can use those numbers to find them here:
NorthCarolinaBuild

If you have the Wake Co Parade book the builder index starts on page 28.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
NRG, I just checked the guide for the parade of homes for Durham, Orange, & Chatham counties. I only found 2 Anderson homes. One is in the Haw Village community in Graham. The other is in the Pine Valley community in Creedmore.

There's another builder in there that intrigues me - Commonwealth Construction & Design. According to the guide, they are members of the Green Builders Initiative and are an Energy Star Partner. They have a number of houses at The Parks of Meadowview and Heartland Grove in Pittsboro.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:35 PM

5 posts, read 24,313 times
Olde South Homes is an Energy Star Builder and has homes in the Parade in Holly Springs-Holly Glen neighborhood; Apex/Cary - Whippoorwill/Belmont neighborhood and Durham - Bay Ridge Neighborhood.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
bridgewater in HS I think might have one. Remember most of these have higher than normal prices since they have all the upgrades and then some to entice people. Just stay with:
the what does the base price provide? Any specials (that actually are there), what do upgrades cost?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 PM

8 posts, read 23,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Bridgewater in HS I think might have one.
When in Raleigh the weekend of the 22nd. We were at Bridgewater and they were finishing up work on a Bordeaux that the saleswoman said would be in the parade.

Ferrickhead28, I get the impression you're happy with your electric bill?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 PM

Location: Between a nook-a-ler reactor and a dump, North Cackalacky
283 posts, read 1,259,190 times
Yes there is a Bordeaux in Bridgewater, on the main street into the subdivision at the crest of the hill to your right (on a corner). This is the Parade house. It's been open recently, so we went in - it was quite garish and plenty of useless/wasted space.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:15 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radgzm View Post
When in Raleigh the weekend of the 22nd. We were at Bridgewater and they were finishing up work on a Bordeaux that the saleswoman said would be in the parade.

Ferrickhead28, I get the impression you're happy with your electric bill?

Yeah, just a little bit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary