Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 PM

8 posts, read 23,276 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Sunset Ridge at the end of August. I'm looking for some information on a good private kindergarten program for our 5 year old daughter. She is very social and very willing to learn. Likewise, I could use some preschool recs for our 3 year old daughter too. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 AM

46 posts, read 77,288 times
I went the public school route for my k, but I had her at The New School Montessori School from 4 mo - 5 yrs old. The school goes through 6th grade, with plans to expand through middle school. I love the school and the teachers, and the concept of montessori. It is a few minutes from your community, on Sunset Lake Rd.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:35 AM

398 posts, read 1,292,872 times
Primrose School on Avent Ferry in Holly Springs offers an impressive private kindergarten. They also have a nice preschool program.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:53 AM

286 posts, read 750,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charchar6162 View Post
My family is moving to Sunset Ridge at the end of August. I'm looking for some information on a good private kindergarten program for our 5 year old daughter. She is very social and very willing to learn. Likewise, I could use some preschool recs for our 3 year old daughter too. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Checkout Time to Shine Preschool, Apex/Cary - Home

Old 07-27-2012, 09:58 AM

476 posts, read 1,297,470 times
I've heard good things about the Montessori on Sunset Lake also.

Primrose on West Lake is a full day/half day preschool that offers a private kindergarten program.

Ressurrection Lutheran on Kildaire Farm Rd in Cary has a half day preschool program and private school K - 8.

St. Mary Magdelene in Apex is a Catholic private school starting from preschool to 8th grade.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 PM

8 posts, read 23,276 times
Thank you for the recs, I'm not ruling out public school, I just don't know which school is best. Our choices are holly ridge, holly springs, holly grove, west lake and middle creek. I don't even know where to start. It's so different from where we live now. Any opinions would be VERY helpfull.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:08 PM

342 posts, read 872,642 times
We have kids at Holly Ridge both Middle and Elementary and like them both. We prefer the traditional calendar though. You will need to figure out which you like, because that will rule out some of your school choices.

As far as preschool, we have kids at Holly Springs Academy and really like it.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:30 PM

398 posts, read 1,292,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiqueen View Post
I've heard good things about the Montessori on Sunset Lake also.

Primrose on West Lake is a full day/half day preschool that offers a private kindergarten program.
Primrose at West Lake does not offer private pre-k. My son attends school there and they offer an option to bus kids to the Holly Springs location.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:15 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,105,068 times
My two kids went to Holly Springs Elementary and I have a rising Kindergartener who starts this Tuesday (YIKES!!!). We've been really happy there. He went to Holly Springs School For Early Education before that which was voted the best preschool in Holly Springs. They are essentially a daycare but offer a preschool option.
All the Holly Springs public schools are great - but of course, if you are looking for private, that's a whole different thing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary