Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I work for the phone company and I've had an educational opportunity present itself that I hate to pass up. My job is transferable as long as I can work from home and have their service. I tried looking in our internal map but for some reason it doesn't show that we provide service anywhere in the area BUT I've talked to customers in Raleigh so I know it has to be there.

I was hoping you all wouldn't mind telling me who you have for service and maybe a zip code (or general area if you're not comfortable giving you're zip code). I'm thinking maybe the service is on the outskirts of Raleigh and just picking up the exchange...not sure but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks (and I can't just post who I work for because for some reason they have an issue with that and who knows they might have some special group of people that they pay to just scour the internet to see who's breaking the rules )!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 12:24 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
We use AT&T U-verse in Cary. No landline.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 PM

342 posts, read 872,027 times
I use OOMA (VOIP) over Road Runner. No problems here.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:40 PM

464 posts, read 1,043,505 times
We have AT&T plain old telephone service (we are outside of the great state of Cary and have not had Uverse graced upon our existence in our humble neighborhood) and AT&T DSL. The DSL is OK in my opinion. I pay for the 6mb download speed and my modem syncs up at 8mb so I cant complain there. The upload is around 768k I think.

Also from talking to folks in AT&T corporate, the Uverse expansion is done. If you do not have it you never will. They just dont have the money to continue the buildouts.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
To my knowledge, AT&T is the only true phone company "in Raleigh." Are you interested in companies that provide service in other parts of the Triangle? I know CenturyLink provides service in some outlying areas (I believe that's the former Verizon landline business here which they sold off).

Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
To my knowledge, AT&T is the only true phone company "in Raleigh." Are you interested in companies that provide service in other parts of the Triangle? I know CenturyLink provides service in some outlying areas (I believe that's the former Verizon landline business here which they sold off).
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know I've talked to people who have lived in Raleigh before but I have no way of knowing their addresses so I'm thinking that maybe they actually lived in the outskirts of Raleigh but their address pulls another exchange...I'm trying to find out what some of those exchanges would be so I can look at potentially relocating.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:04 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,546,799 times
We use OOMA over Time Warner Cable. We had used vonage for phone via TWC but ooma seems to be far superior.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I know I've talked to people who have lived in Raleigh before but I have no way of knowing their addresses so I'm thinking that maybe they actually lived in the outskirts of Raleigh but their address pulls another exchange...I'm trying to find out what some of those exchanges would be so I can look at potentially relocating.
Just to be clear, (919) 555-1234, the "555" part is the exchange? Is that what you're referring to? A lot of us aren't familiar with telephone industry terminology.

I don't know how accurate or current it is, but this site lists phone companies associated with exchanges in the 919 area code:

http://phones.whitepages.com/919

Old 08-02-2012, 02:32 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
We have AT&T Uverse.

Zip code 27519.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I don't know how accurate or current it is, but this site lists phone companies associated with exchanges in the 919 area code:
I just looked up my home exchange on that lists and it says "Mcimetro Access Transmissio..." - I have no idea who that is. We're with TWC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary