Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 09:28 PM

120 posts, read 296,339 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I recently visited an AT&T location to discuss their cable/internet option UVerse. Im impressed from what I saw and the price is less than what I pay today. Does anyone have an first hand experience with UVerse? Currently have Time Warner Cable...and I hate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,571,881 times
A good friend of mine went with the U-Verse triple play and he said after one year the prices escalated dramatically. He's now whittled it down to no T.V. He said the high-speed internet is awesome though.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:14 AM

97 posts, read 246,426 times
Even after my price went up, it was still way less than TWC. We've had it for 3 years and have had 2 service calls and they were early. The service is sometimes a little flaky at first. Takes some adjustments to get everything just right. I tell everyone who gets it to be patient when it's first installed. But I like it and wouldn't go back to satellite or cable.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
We've also had it for 3 years. it is marginally cheaper than TWC for us, but we get a lot more for the money. Like the PP, we did have a couple of installation glitches that required them coming back and fixing something, but once it was taken care, of, we've never had another service call in 3 years!
We are satisfied customers!

Last edited by lamishra; 08-05-2012 at 09:39 AM..

Old 08-05-2012, 09:25 AM

11 posts, read 15,125 times
Uverse didn't play well with my Series 2 Tivo but other than that I'd generally recommend them. I moved to NC a couple of months ago and the only reason I don't have it now is because it wasn't available in my particular neighborhood. If nothing else I miss their Internet. It was fast and stable and didn't buffer anywhere near as often as TWC does. The price will definitely shoot up after the first year but it's still cheaper than what I'm paying for TWC now. I think TWC's customer service is easier to reach and deal with than Uverse's.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:17 AM

455 posts, read 918,519 times
The only thing that might matter to you, depending on what you do, is that the internet has a limit. It's pretty high for normal usage (like 100-200gb a month), but if you do a lot of streaming/downloading, you could see some overage fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary