Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM

5 posts, read 29,753 times

Advertisements

Looking at golf clubs in N. Raleigh, and focusing in on North Ridge or TPC Wakefield.

I generally like North Ridge better, but now that Wakefield is part of McConnell Golf, you get all of those McConnell courses as well - including RCC and Treyburn. That's seems too good to pass up. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM

130 posts, read 501,976 times
North Ridge is solid considering the 2 different sets of 18 but now that TPC is under McConnell Golf, you just can't beat that - 8 courses in all. I guess it just depends on how often you plan to play local compared to out of town, being that McConnell is spread over the Carolinas.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,857,343 times
IMO, RCC is the best golf course in the area.
How much are they asking to join TPC?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:54 PM

Just $10k. It's a pretty amazing deal right now.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:22 AM

188 posts, read 746,533 times
It really depends on what you are looking for. If access to multiple clubs across the area is of interest to you, then TPC/ McConnell golf will certainly fit the bill. If you want a good all around country club with two great golf courses and strong member programs including lots for kids and families, then North Ridge is a great choice.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:45 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,087,338 times
North Ridge is a wonderful club. I've enjoyed the club facilities, and both golf courses. It's also a great neighborhood.

That said, I assume the initiation is still in the $20-25K range. I assume the monthly full golfing dues and other requirements (food minimum, etc) are in line with Wakefield.

I am a member at RCC. While I don't play golf as much as I once did - or wish I could! - it is indeed the best golf course in Wake County if not the entire Triangle. And Wakefield is a solid golf course too. If you live in Wakefield, it's a great opportunity right now. I know they're spending money to get a world-class practice facility. I've also taken lessons previously from Josh Points who is a great teacher and now the Director of Golf there.

When you then combine it with access to 6 clubs within 2 hours alone (RCC, Wakefield, Treyburn, The Cardinal, Sedgefield, and Old North State) which do and have held competitions at the highest level ... it's pretty compelling!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,857,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctogar View Post
Just $10k. It's a pretty amazing deal right now.
That is an amazing deal. Wish I lived closer!
While Prestonwood has got great facilities, its golf courses are just average.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:48 PM

306 posts, read 1,133,585 times
Given that you are looking at North Raleigh, have you considered Hasentree? Last time I checked the joining fee was only 5K. Besides golf, I was very impressed by some of the other facilities (tennis, pool, gym) there.

M

Old 08-07-2012, 05:53 PM

Thanks all. I'll check out Hasentree too, looks like a pretty course. The Wakefield deal may be the way to go right now, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary