Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 06:09 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,132,203 times

Advertisements

While I'm up in the air on how Tedesco would have handled the state superintendent job, Goldman would have been a disaster as auditor. "Wait, you mean I have to know CPA stuff to do this job? I thought I just sat in this chair and randomly said stuff sometimes!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 AM

22,645 posts, read 36,609,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
While I'm up in the air on how Tedesco would have handled the state superintendent job, Goldman would have been a disaster as auditor. "Wait, you mean I have to know CPA stuff to do this job? I thought I just sat in this chair and randomly said stuff sometimes!"
"Wait, I have to keep the money in the bank? I was gonna keep it under my mattress! Much safer there - trust me!"

I did wobble a bit on Tedesco, but ultimately decided he's not fit for any office and hope we can get him off the school board soon enough. Done and done.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:22 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,880,256 times
While I don't think Goldman was qualified to auditor, I don't agree that being a CPA is an absolute necessity for state auditor.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:36 AM

Not a necessity, but when your two choices are someone who has a background as a CPA and someone who has a background of keeping $20k in a pink backpack in her house, well the choice should be pretty clear in that case lol.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM

43 posts, read 41,061 times
Quote:
Not a necessity, but when your two choices are someone who has a background as a CPA and someone who has a background of keeping $20k in a pink backpack in her house, well the choice should be pretty clear in that case lol.
I guess I don't get the big deal about keeping some cash at home. Doing so is common practice for many and is highly advised. I keep around $10,000 at home, but in my safe. Anything can happen, which would make having some accessible money a good thing. Hurricanes, snow/ice, computer/ATM system crash or a host of other things. Just ask the folks up in some of the Jersey and New York areas if they wish they had cash on hand to last for a few weeks. Sometimes I think people really reach to find something to pick apart about people they don't like.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 PM
rfb

2,593 posts, read 6,334,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highgate Happy View Post
I guess I don't get the big deal about keeping some cash at home. Doing so is common practice for many and is highly advised. I keep around $10,000 at home, but in my safe. Anything can happen, which would make having some accessible money a good thing. Hurricanes, snow/ice, computer/ATM system crash or a host of other things. Just ask the folks up in some of the Jersey and New York areas if they wish they had cash on hand to last for a few weeks. Sometimes I think people really reach to find something to pick apart about people they don't like.
I don't keep a lot of money in my house. I figure i can always use my credit cards, or drive to a (more) remote location and withdraw cash from my accounts. I've yet to find any problems.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 AM

There's a big difference between keeping money in a secured safe and keeping money in a backpack. There's also a big difference between someone that has auditing experience and someone with zero financial experience whatsoever.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
There's a big difference between keeping money in a secured safe and keeping money in a backpack. There's also a big difference between someone that has auditing experience and someone with zero financial experience whatsoever.
I don't debate the point about actual work experience. That is valid, unfortunately people do not apply that to everyone equally.

The cash on hand being kept in various methods is simply silly IMO. That has nothing to do with anything, other than already not liking the person and looking for something to pick them apart on.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
I don't keep a lot of money in my house. I figure i can always use my credit cards, or drive to a (more) remote location and withdraw cash from my accounts. I've yet to find any problems.
That's you and that's fine. Some of us prefer to keep cash on hand. It doesn't say anything at all about the person professionally or personally.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highgate Happy View Post
The cash on hand being kept in various methods is simply silly IMO. That has nothing to do with anything, other than already not liking the person and looking for something to pick them apart on.
Personally I think it displays poor judgement. And that's not the sort of people I want in the state auditor position. Especially coupled with everything else that has come out about her and her unprofessional behavior while a member of the school board. Granted I think pretty much every single member of the school board has been acting unprofessional, but I wouldn't elect any of them to a state office either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary