Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,898,569 times

Advertisements

Mod note: This is a continuation of the previous discussion thread. With the start of the 2012/13 school year, it's time for a new one.

So how'd the first day go? I no longer live up that way but got this message from one of my friends today :

Quote:
This is riduculous! Wake County needs to get it together! Instead of my kids starting school today Im waiting in this line to choose a school bc they were denied the traditional school in our district. Choice assignments obviously isnt working!!!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 08-27-2012 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Started new thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
MEM

123 posts, read 405,880 times
I'm tracked out but I heard from friends that the busing situation today was crazy! School lets out at 3:45 and kids still were not home at 5pm....

Old 08-27-2012, 05:39 PM

13 posts, read 31,778 times
We talked to 5 elementary school bus drivers this morning going to 5 different schools at close to the same time. Kids hadn't even boarded the bus 45 mins after school let out... Wake county school board should be ashamed of the mess they have caused.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:52 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
The buses are crazy - ours actually came on time both ways for which I am grateful (and shocked) but were PACKED because they have middle and elementary on the same bus. Carpools were a disaster. But no 90 minute bus rides so I can't complain. The only thing holding up our bus was the traffic on Davis Drive.

How can someone not have a school to go to on the first day of school? No offense but that sounds like the parents dropped the ball there.

Schools are full to the brim. I think they made some miscalculations there, maybe they will learn their lesson next year. Or, more than likely we'll be on a different assignment plan and we can complain about that, LOL.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM View Post
I'm tracked out but I heard from friends that the busing situation today was crazy! School lets out at 3:45 and kids still were not home at 5pm....
The year round school bus that normally comes at 4:05 didn't show up till 4:30 today, and those kids have been back for weeks. Felt bad they got caught up in the mayhem!

Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 PM

13 posts, read 31,778 times
Default Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
The year round school bus that normally comes at 4:05 didn't show up till 4:30 today, and those kids have been back for weeks. Felt bad they got caught up in the mayhem!
Our year round morning bus was 15 mins later than usual as routes aren't figured out yet, and the kids hadn't even boarded the bus yet 30 minutes after they are normally home. They've been back at school since early July!

Old 08-27-2012, 06:25 PM

1,337 posts, read 2,208,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM View Post
ha! Some busses didnt even pick kids up from school till 5!!!!! (NOT an exaggeration)

Old 08-27-2012, 06:33 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,162 times
My middle schooler's bus never showed up this morning or on the way home. She got dismissed at 3:00. She called me at 4:30 to tell me the bus didn't one yet. I picked her up 10 minutes later.

My elementary kids' bus came the time they said it would. But coming right before 9:00am doesn't work when the bell rings at 9:15. They were late. But you don't get marked as tardy if you are a bus rider. Good thing! They dismiss at 3:45. Their bus did not arrive home until 5:37. I picked them up at carpool for an after school activity that is 4:30-5:30. If she took the bus she wouldn't have been late - she would have missed the entire class.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
my kids arrived on time at school - of course, I also took them as we live 1.05 miles away. Of the approximately 10 buses, only 1 had not arrived by belltime, and it was one of the prior "assigned neighborhood nodes" routes. Now, there was one mother who came right into the office because she didn't know where her child was supposed to go to school.

Almost ANY body that hung out at central office, or any individual school "wondering" where there children were supposed to attend did not do their jobs. based on the N&O pics, and my experience within 5 miles of my house, they ALL had "meet the teacher" last week.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:55 PM

546 posts, read 1,678,970 times
My kids are in track one so they've been in school for awhile. They get out at 3:45 and are normally home from the bus by 4:15. I was outside waiting until 4:45 when my phone pinged an email from the school saying their bus still had not arrived to pick them up, along with four other buses. I drove to to the school and got them. Later we got another email saying their bus did not arrive to the school until after 5PM. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary