Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,563,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnucch View Post
I Guess I got two jerks, they were very sarcastic and not very understanding, she told me I had to have gloves and over the ankle footwear which I was never told about prior to registering for the course and had very little time to get equipment for the next morning, very sassy $&+%#......

That is your own fault if you were unaware of the clothing requirements. Reading the registration forms is all it took for me to know what to wear. It's even highlighted on their website.

Basic Rider Course :: Johnston Community College, Smithfield, NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 09:51 AM

342 posts, read 750,700 times
Exactly underPSI !

Quoted:
"Students must wear an approved helmet, over-the-ankle footwear, long pants, a long sleeved shirt or jacket, full fingered gloves, and protective eyewear at all times while training."

And this should carry over to how you ride every day. Or will you be one of the tank top, shorts and flip flop wearing 2-wheelers

Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 PM

810 posts, read 1,446,671 times
Just got mine.

Allow me to disagree with the posters who are siding with the motorcycle instructors. If you're from up North, you're accustomed to people who are a little sharper than the people are here. And the poster seems like a very reasonable fellow.

I know that this is going to cause a storm of indignant criticism. Go ahead. What I say is true. Fire all the invective you want. What I say is true.

Although, let me say that the NC DMV people I have encountered have been top-notch.

S

PS

"Pretty much standard equipment for anyone learning to ride. You've been going on all along without that? If you're p|ssy because someone was sharp with you about that, maybe you aren't ready to be a rider"

Please.
I see people here riding in sandals.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:04 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,563,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
Just got mine.

Allow me to disagree with the posters who are siding with the motorcycle instructors. If you're from up North, you're accustomed to people who are a little sharper than the people are here. And the poster seems like a very reasonable fellow.
Congrats on getting your endorsement. Obviously you knew what to wear to the class or you wouldn't have been allowed to take it. The o.p. may be a reasonable fellow or gal but obviously is from here since, according to you, us southerners just aren't as quite as sharp as you northerners.

And, who's side were you sticking up for again?

Old 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,809,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
"Pretty much standard equipment for anyone learning to ride. You've been going on all along without that? If you're p|ssy because someone was sharp with you about that, maybe you aren't ready to be a rider"

Please.
I see people here riding in sandals.
Well, learning to ride and actually riding after licensing are two different things. All those drivers that everyone complains about because they're tailgating, not using turn signals, texting while driving, etc., etc., etc.? They must have done things right when they were learning, else they wouldn't have gotten licensed. However, once that license is in their hand and they have a little experience under their belts, drivers often become less observant of those pesky rules of the road. I'm sure it's the same with cycle/scooter riders.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 884 times
I don't understand why you need the endorsement if you don't have a bike.

on the msf website it specifically states you need to have gloves and over the ankle boots. get the gloves and boots and take the class. Without a bike it's the only way for you to get an endorsement unless you have a friend to loan you the bike.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,156,612 times
Apparently knowing the requirements of the class you signed up for, was to much trouble. I'm not surprised you got upset and left. They were doing you a favor by not letting you participate. They have rules and requirements in place for a reason. I've taken an MSF class AND I've taken the written and riding portion of the NCDMV test. None of it was difficult....even for us dumber than average southerners.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 AM

596 posts, read 1,237,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
I really don't want to answer that ..

::stifles laugh::

OK, I will.

Mind, this was 1998 so the examiners have most likely changed and I can't say "take it here, it will be easy!" My MC road test was a piece of cake, made especially easy because it was done on a scooter. The examiner even suggested "you could make some $$ renting out your scooter to people who want to take the test. These guys who come in here on Goldwings and big Harleys always have trouble." So, it was that kind of an examiner (Mind - years and 10s of thousands of miles later, I've never had an accident or been stopped by a cop. So don't question my skills by the ease of passing the test)

To the OP, you might still have time to throw yourself on the mercy of a generous member of a scooter group. If you haven't been hanging around those boards, you should. From what I've discovered on other CD boards, suggesting groups is verboten. You can google 'scooter forums' or perhaps check the Meetup. You might - might - find someone who'll be willing to lend you a bike for a test.

Pretty much standard equipment for anyone learning to ride. You've been going on all along without that? If you're p|ssy because someone was sharp with you about that, maybe you aren't ready to be a rider
I am not pissed about the having to have the equipment they requested, my issue is that you don't demand you have it at 10' o'clock that eve. When I needed to be back in the morning at 7:30, one she be told when they sign the registration form as I did a month prior, that would make too much sense ! And FYI I had an endorsement when I lived in Fl, made the mistake of not renewing it, the instructors were two ******* ! ( well at least one was, I wasn't sure of the sex of the other one? )

Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 AM

596 posts, read 1,237,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
That is your own fault if you were unaware of the clothing requirements. Reading the registration forms is all it took for me to know what to wear. It's even highlighted on their website.

Basic Rider Course :: Johnston Community College, Smithfield, NC
It wasn't my own fault, I was given the telephone number to register by someone, wasn't told about any website, the idiot that took my money should not assume I knew what I needed to have to take the class, it should be written on the form that I was required to sign along with the $125 what was needed to take the class! But that would make too much sense !

Old 09-18-2012, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 810 times
Think it should be noted - thanks, ajnucch, for trying to go legit!! Pursing an endorsement - that makes you a part of the minority I suspect! However, the RiderCourse really are designed to get you to that point as has been said.

You should poke around on Craigslist - pretty sure earlier this year I saw someone with a smaller bike willing to assist with test taking - it's gonna cost you obviously.

Other comment is - if you've already passed a test once, why aren't you getting your first bike and hitting up the DMV for the regular test? You'd be just in time to go run through the hills and mountains as the leaves change - great time to be riding.

Of course, that opens the whole 'first bike' debate. You weren't thinking of a stretched and chromed Hayabusa, or a mirror-less R1, were you?
sct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary