Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 10:06 AM

189 posts, read 753,923 times

Advertisements

What housing developments, with homes in the $275,00 - $350,00 range, are within easy walking distance of the Woodcroft Club?

We are looking for a home as close to the southern tip of the RTP as possible. We would like a home that has a variety of recreational facilities easily available -within easy walking distance - for when my husbands teenaged children and other guests visit, as well as for personal use. We are looking around SW Durham, N. Raleigh and NW Cary, and are interested in developments containing recreational facilities in their infrastructure, like Amberly, or those having a membership club nearby (within walking distance).

We're curious about the Woodcroft development itself, but have so far been disappointed with the homes we've seen on-line...most appear to be sided with masonite hardboard and would need substantial updating to be liveable. Do any other developments exist within walking distance of the Woodcroft Club?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. We already have a realtor. We are far from home shopping and are doing some independent legwork before taking his time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 11:05 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,843 times
I agree that the houses currently on the market in Woodcroft are not so great. The great homes in Woodcroft get snapped up FAST and rarely stay on the market for even a week. In the past year I have witnessed a few, updated homes in Woodcroft that sold the very first day they hit the market. That all happened in the spring, though. There tends to be a lot more homes on the market at that time.

Hope Valley Green is a neighborhood close to Woodcroft's clubhouse that falls into your price range. You might also find something in Mary Dell or some of the other neighborhoods in the southern bit of 27707. Hope Valley Farms is a new development with lots of ammenities located just north of Woodcroft. In addition, there are some nice, newer neighborhoods just south of Southpoint Mall that offer what you're looking for (zip 27713). You and your realtor should be able to find these quite easily on any real estate website.

Good luck!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:42 PM

460 posts, read 1,770,764 times
Last weekend, I personally drove past every house on the market in Woodcroft, talk about DUDS!

There was only one that was nice on the inside and out. They had upgraded everything. The only downside is they jacked up the price of the house.

I agree that HVF is an option. That's my neighborhood. I love it. Depending on which end you live on, you can walk to Woodcroft...The Hope Valley Road end of HVF is exactly 1/2 mile from Woodcroft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary