Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2006, 12:59 PM

33 posts, read 47,669 times

Advertisements

Well I'm back. Although I wasn't there very long we put over 450 miles on the rent a car driving through every neighborhood in Wake forest. I really liked WF we loved all of the communities off of Jenkin's Rd. Capital Blvd had some great stores. The prices were great compared to N.J for homes. We also visited WakeField Plantation, gorgeous homes but alittle to close to each other and not set back far enough from the curb for me. If your looking for a country club atmosphere thats the place to live. As far as close homes go,Cary homes were even closer and more $$$$$$$ so I think Cary is out for me. Homes seemed to be maybe 5 feet apart from one another in the majority of the neighborhoods we went through in cary. I'm sure that is not
true for all of the communities but regardless they were more pricy. Very clean, Cary and WF.The traffic from Wf back into Cary on friday at 4pm was crazy. We took the outer beltline. Now keep in mind I'm from N.Y. originally so I know traffic and it was bad. What should of took 20 min took 40. I'm sure there are back roads but not if your not familiar. We also visited the mall on Capital on a Saturday night it was packed, what a nice mall. The people seemed nice some even waved to us, my cousin got a kick out of that, because in N.Y. that will never happen. Any questions PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2006, 09:08 AM

39 posts, read 85,582 times
Was this your first visit.. I am from MA and we have our house for sale waiting for it to sell and then head down and check out NC. what part of WF did you really like. the house where i am is vdo ery near my neighbor so i would like a little more space and a bigger yard than the regular 12 to 14 yards.. could you explain how it was different from NJ is there a major difference besides the prices of houses. we are looking in the 180 to 250 K. Do you think you will make that move... thank you...

Old 09-27-2006, 06:08 PM

33 posts, read 47,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debdoyle View Post
Was this your first visit.. I am from MA and we have our house for sale waiting for it to sell and then head down and check out NC. what part of WF did you really like. the house where i am is vdo ery near my neighbor so i would like a little more space and a bigger yard than the regular 12 to 14 yards.. could you explain how it was different from NJ is there a major difference besides the prices of houses. we are looking in the 180 to 250 K. Do you think you will make that move... thank you...
Wake Forest reminded me alittle of the upscale areas in N.J. one in particular in NJ is Colts Neck. I really liked WF. Homes were spaced well some more than 45 feet apart and set back from the curb. I looked at Shea homes and some in Wake field plantation. Alot of nice resales are on the market to. I would love to get out of NJ. I love my home but my taxes are 14k per year. I will make a decision in a few weeks. It looks like a go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary