U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 AM

36,502 posts, read 51,184,985 times

Advertisements

After 3.5 years of boarding and grooming for 2 dogs and 2 cats at basically the only grooming business I know of (downtown Carrboro) I need to find a new groomer. Six weeks ago I made my usual appointment for both dogs to be groomed and when I got there I was told they only had 1 dog down in the appointment book. I offered to pick them up as late in the day as needed, reminded the receptionist I definitely mentioned both dogs by name and needed 2 appointments, reminded them how long I have been coming, how well I tip, how well behaved my dogs are but not consideration at all. So I stormed out.

Can somebody please recommend a different groomer in the Chapel Hill area? I have back problems and picking my 15 lb dog up is too difficult. BTW the other dog weighs 6 lbs.

And I know for a fact there are many people in this area who would love to have a new grooming service . I know of 6 Bichons on just 3 streets in my neighborhood alone. I promise to be your first and best customer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 AM

9,196 posts, read 23,967,339 times
Kudzu - we use Beth Johnston. For several years she was the on-staff groomer at Carrboro Animal Hospital. About a year ago she struck out on her own, and opened a grooming studio in Durham at 751 and Garrett Road.

Beth's Barks N Bubbles

For boarding we use Kirk Korley's Doggie Spa. Having boarded at a number of different places (all of which I've been happy with), I have to say the Doggie Spa really stands out!

http://www.doggiespa.com

Old 09-12-2012, 10:00 AM

36,502 posts, read 51,184,985 times
Thanks CHTransplant. I will try them. Even with good service six weeks is a long time to wait for an appointment! I also know about Joy at the Old Beauty and the Beast in Carrboro but no personal recommendation yet. I appreciate it.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 AM

9,196 posts, read 23,967,339 times
We moved with Beth, so we never tried the new groomer at Beauty and the Beast.

It's true getting into Beth sometimes requires some advance planning. We've usually found it takes a couple of weeks, and have learned to call for an appointment before the dogs are overdue for a grooming. Sometimes though she has cancellations and we get in much quicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary