Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 PM

481 posts, read 1,086,616 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

We live in Apex and love it here but in a couple of years we plan to rent out our current home so we can try to find the house or townhouse we really want. Our biggest complaint is not finding a good floor plan. The Beazer townhomes built by rt 64 have the flow we want but the location is horrible. Even the new homes ( while nice ) just don't have enough separate rooms or levels. That is why the 3 level townhouse was appealing. Have a living room and then a rec room was great. Hubby and I can watch TV but if my daughter has a friend over they can retreat to the rec room.

My question is if any of the real estate folk know of anything like that ( or even the 3 level Lennar townhomes ) coming to Apex? The townhomes in Haddon Hall would be great if they had a 2 car garage. Also, another requirement Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Look at Scotts Mill, The Green, near the center of the community. Large homes with large garages.

Also, Old Mill Village, which I think is a good center of Apex location, struggling with the fact that the builder went belly up due to bad timing for that development.
Some homes there have 3 car garages, and some have the 3rd stall converted to a media room. Might be perfect for you if the right house is available.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Thanks Mike! We have seen some of the townhomes in Scott's Mill ( it's a beautiful subdivision , we only live 5 minutes from there ) but one thing I forgot to mention is having the 3 levels and the small fenced yard - since we have 2 dogs. Similar to the smaller townhomes with no garage in Scott's Mill.

Old Mill Village has nice townhomes but no "yard".

I thought about Villages of Apex. But sure of the location. It's close to things but also close to the train tracks. But I like the style of the homes with the small yard and garage in the back.

Lennar is building new homes off Evans but we really love their 3 level town homes....anyone realtors able to pursuade them to build that in Apex?

Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,940,073 times
"Rec room"? I'm picturing a musty wood-paneled basement.

Wouldn't the common bonus room configuration that many houses in this area have meet that need for a separate space?

Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Would you consider Cary? Beazer has townhomes at High House and West Chatham called "Samuel's Keep" Exactly what you are looking for. I have a friend who lives there and loves it. FWIW, this is only about 10-15 min from Beaver Creek.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:05 PM

lol! Rec room not basement :P But yes, anything that offers a bonus room will work.

I have seen those townhomes - Samuel's Keep but didn't know much about them. I might have to check that out. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary