Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,139 times

Advertisements

Aviator Brewing Company's Tap House in F-V has an all-ages clientele and you can always order delivery from their Smokehouse across the street.

Tap House | Aviator Brewing Company

SmokeHouse | Aviator Brewing Company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 12:40 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
How about Outback, Chili's, Applebee's, and any sushi bar with a liquor license?

Two Guys Grille, Tribecca Tavern, Buffalo Wings and Rings (or have they closed?)

Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 PM

21 posts, read 34,765 times
Tony's Oyster Bar. Right across from MacGregor Down's in Cary. A bunch of 40 plus folks getting drunk and dancing around. A lot of fun.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Aviator Brewing Company's Tap House in F-V has an all-ages clientele and you can always order delivery from their Smokehouse across the street.

Tap House | Aviator Brewing Company

SmokeHouse | Aviator Brewing Company
Ah, you beat me to it. Yes, always a good 40+ crowd in here. Live music most Thu-Fri-Sat. It helps if you like their beer but they also have a couple of wine options.

In Holly Springs I would try Niche Wine Bar. The owner seems to be doing well, always something going on in there.
Niche Wine Lounge - Holly Springs, NC - Bar | Facebook

Sorry, all my options involve alcohol!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Depends on where you are I guess. Relative to Raleigh, I tend to think of them as slightly west (and south).
The OP asked for places relative to RTP not Raleigh. I thought I'd clarify before people in SW Durham and Chapel Hill started offering suggestions that were not where the OP wanted to be.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirelanski View Post
Tony's Oyster Bar. Right across from MacGregor Down's in Cary. A bunch of 40 plus folks getting drunk and dancing around. A lot of fun.
That's for sure, but definitely more of a pick up place! This is where all my single, 40+ friends go when they want to "meet someone".

Old 09-18-2012, 05:11 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,938,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
The OP asked for places relative to RTP not Raleigh.
Ah, I'd missed that and was thrown off by the references to the areas being "S&E of the Triangle not S&W of it." Thanks for clarifying.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 PM

384 posts, read 596,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
I guess bars are okay for some, but I am rather meaning places serving food rather than pick-up lines. (Actually, I wouldn't know a pick up line if it bit me.) Places for breakfast, lunch, coffee, wine or a beer in the late afternoon/ early evening. And to avoid an arguement, let's just say south of the triangle.
What's your sign?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,735 times
It's probably worth noting that people are going to be more open to chatting with strangers in a bar-type setting than a restaurant or coffee shop. I can count on one hand the number of times I saw strangers strike up a conversation in the eight years I worked in a coffee shop. If that's the sort of thing you are looking for, I think you'd have better luck with meetup.com and club meetings than just sitting in a cafe.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,103,620 times
Getting back to the original posting, let's eliminate the 'beer' aspect. No, the goal is not to use this as a way to meet people, but rather to sit comfortably in an eating establishment when you are by yourself. If you are the first person to ever do so, you would be treated differently by the waitstaff, and may feel out of place among patrons at neighboring tables. With more single people seated there, it would be less unusual. Aren't there any friendly little cafe's anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary