Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:36 PM

9 posts, read 14,812 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone-I am a divorced female in her 40's no kids and am looking to relocate to Raleigh in March-I will be renting my first year and would like somewhere where I can mostly walk everywhere. Would you recommend the rentals in the North Mall is that an upscale safe area? would you recommend finding a place in downtown raleigh and in what specific section of downtown would be considered luxury or upscale/safe? or somewhere else you think would be better-I will be going to check it out in January and would really appreciate some recommendations to point me in the right direction THANK YOU!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
You might be interested in The Hue apartments downtown. Also check out the apartments in the Cameron Village area.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:08 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker5 View Post
Hello everyone-I am a divorced female in her 40's no kids and am looking to relocate to Raleigh in March-I will be renting my first year and would like somewhere where I can mostly walk everywhere. Would you recommend the rentals in the North Mall is that an upscale safe area? would you recommend finding a place in downtown raleigh and in what specific section of downtown would be considered luxury or upscale/safe? or somewhere else you think would be better-I will be going to check it out in January and would really appreciate some recommendations to point me in the right direction THANK YOU!!
North Hills is nice but you need a big budget for the rents there.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:56 AM

thank you for taking the time to answer-appreciate your input

Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Do you know where you'll be working? There are lots of places but having to drive across town unnecessarily can be avoided.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:56 PM

employment is not an issue-thanks, would appreciate your input

Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Look in the Glenwood South neighborhood in DT Raleigh. Try 712 Tucker and look at rentals in the myriad of condo projects as well. It's a VERY convenient place to live and is accessible to all of DT by the free RLine bus or by foot if you are a "walker" like I am. It's also very close to Cameron Village for shopping. I live in the immediate area and can make it to Cameron Village by foot in about 12 minutes. Two new apartment complexes are under construction in Glenwood South and others are in planning. Cameron Village also has a huge complex under construction but I doubt it will be ready by Spring. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 AM

915 posts, read 3,180,902 times
Cameron Village if you don't mind some younger crowds

Old 09-22-2012, 09:43 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
the only place you need to look is the Alexan at North Hills.

Park and market is there (Six Forks Road and I-440 on your google map) but for some reason more expensive.

Glenwood South area will be a mid 20's to early 30's crowd. This includes 712 Tucker, 222 Glenwood, West at North. Paramount is right there at GS, and a little older crowd, but you'll still be mostly surrounded by younger folks.

You could rent at the Plaza (RBC/PNC, the banks) and get the right age demographic.

Cameron Village will be much younger too. And not as nice/upscale - $1,000 for 1,000 sqft of small closets, small kitchen, 2 smaller bedrooms, 1 small bath, but the "charm" of a 50 year old building with hardwoods and walking to shopping (a google for Cameron Village should yield info you need on the shopping/living there).

Old 09-24-2012, 07:27 AM

thank you for the great info-I will have a car there but goal is to be able to walk to food store, bank, dry cleaner, coffee shop, library-what places would fit the best?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary