Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM

70 posts, read 126,304 times

Advertisements

Hey Saturnfan...also do you think when an apartment gets like dozens of amazing reviews...the management is writing some of those? My hubby read that some ppl do that...lol...and also is there area around Crabtree Mall safe/nice?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 09:05 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,006,115 times
You should check out around the Crabtree Valley area..

Inman Park Apartments gets good recommendations, is 10 to 15 minutes to Downtown,
and is in a safe area.
If I were carless I would ride a bike to Crabtree mall on the greenway and enjoy
meeting , eating & shopping there. North Hills shopping area isn't that far from there but probably not
within walking distance .

There are other nice apartment tucked in behind Crabtree Mall ...

Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,006,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Anything you choose in North Raleigh will take more than 10-15 minutes to get downtown.
I think the North Hills & Crabtree area are about 10 to 12 minutes from downtown.
I can get downtown in 20 minutes from Six Forks & 540.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I think the North Hills & Crabtree area are about 10 to 12 minutes from downtown.
As long as traffic is light to average, I assume?

I can get downtown from my side of Cary in 15 minutes in average traffic.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
North Hills is about that far. But, not exactly a cheap area.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookie74 View Post
Hey Saturnfan...also do you think when an apartment gets like dozens of amazing reviews...the management is writing some of those? My hubby read that some ppl do that...lol...and also is there area around Crabtree Mall safe/nice?

Thanks!
The area around Crabtree Valley Mall is both safe AND nice.

I didn't recommend it because Glenwood Ave at Crabtree has horrible traffic and isn't pedestrian friendly.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:59 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info...I dont expect it to be like NYc transportation but out of curiosity...what do couples do? Do they all have 2 cars? (kinda costly) or do spouses drop each other off at work etc? I read for ppl who work in RTP do van pools and stuff? Is that a helpful way to get to work? And also is your building in North Raleigh? I heard it is safer there than southern Raleigh? We are prob gonna come in next weekend to visit and it would prob be best to rent a car so we can see everything

Thanks!!!!!!!!!
My apt. community is in North Raleigh and is safe. South Raleigh is like East New York in Brooklyn, maybe not THAT bad.

Many couples have 2 cars. When older kids arrive, the insurance rate may go up to rival the national debt. This soon erases the saving on housing.

Many morons here will never understand why roads will not support unlimited growth. The chance for light rail is very small.

Yes, you'll need a vehicle for a productive tour here. You may also see how the interstates are ignorantly designed and almost 100% not illuminated.

I like Raleigh but it's a big shift from NYC.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,158,405 times
Quote:

Thanks!
That's true in some cases. No community is as perfect as some reviews. For one, my community does not do this. I many times respond to ridiculously negative views. Our management team will not plant phony reviews. One recent offender, in my opinion, is Millbrook Green. We used to live in that area (Mini-City) and it's terrible. Millbrook Green just started receving suspicious positive reviews on apartmentratings to apparently up their approval percent.

Crabtree is safe. There are no grocery stores in Crabtree any more probably resulting from the traffic gridlock from overdevelopment. It's also prone to flooding. The pharmacies also left. Who wants to fight ugly mall traffic for groceries or when you're sick?

North Hills has an embedded grocery, a bus, stores, a movie theater, and nice apts. The fly in the ointment is price. look up Park and Market to see this. i toured it but would not want to pay that much rent. All depends on your budget, but be aware that pay in many fields is much less than for similar jobs in NYC.

Enjoy your trip. The weather is just perfect but of course summers are hot.

If my budget worked, I'd seriously consider going back to Roosevelt Island in NYC, the city nearby but not all around your home. Have you considered it?

Last edited by saturnfan; 09-23-2012 at 10:18 AM..

Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM

70 posts, read 126,304 times
with traffice...how many min? like 30? or does it depend what part of n.raleigh you live? Thanks!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
with traffice...how many min? like 30? or does it depend what part of n.raleigh you live? Thanks!
Depends where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary