Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:45 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

Well, this evening while my car was parked in front of my friend's house in Morrisville, somebody in his neighborhood backed into the rear driver side of my car . They did some pretty good damage to the side panel in the rear. The person who struck my car, left a note indicating they already called their insurance agency and left me the claim # and phone number of their insurance carrier. I guess I will call my insurance co. in the morning to follow-up and perhaps they will direct me to an approved auto body shop in the N. Raleigh area to get an estimate for repairing the damage. I figured I would check here as well for recommendations of body shops. I am a little worried that I might be left out in the cold on this one since It may very well be that the repairs will exceed the current value of my car (it isn't worth much) . has this happened to anyone here before? What happens if that is the case?

So, does anybody know of some good Auto Body Repair Shops in N. Raleigh?

My car thanks you.

~ NRG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,001 times
I've used Matthew's Body Shop several times, and have always been happy with the work provided. While technically in Durham, it is convenient to North Raleigh. It is located off Hwy 98 between Mineral Springs and US-70.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:28 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,707 times
I have been really pleased with the work done by RJ&G. They came highly recommended from my mechanic, estimates are reasonable and the work is good.

They are not in North Raleigh, though. The shop is near the fairgrounds.

RJ&G Collision & Automotive Repair (http://www.thecityofraleigh.com/r-j-and-g-collision-and-automotive/index.html - broken link)
6215 Hillsborough St
Raleigh, NC 27606
919-851-2411
Fax: 919-851-8400

Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM

26 posts, read 144,555 times
NRG,

Can you review your body shop experience?

For other readers: If you know of any good shops in N. Raleigh or Morrisville, please post. Someone hit my car in the parking lot of Lowe's. Of course, didn't leave any trace. And now it cost me my deductible.

Tom.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:50 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,741 times
Default Repairs may exceed value of car

NRG,
I wish you luck. We moved in to our house the week of September 24. That Wednesday, September 26, the second of our two vehicles arrived (via the movers). On that next Saturday evening (September 29) my 17 YO daughter was on her way to Target when someone turned left in front of her. I thought the damage to our car was fairly minimal (front end damage on our car; passenger side damage on the other driver's car). Speeds at time of impact were slow enough that no airbags deployed.

Unfortunately, the other driver's insurance company (they were responsible) claimed the cost of repairs exceeded the value of our vehicle (a 1996 Dodge Caravan). If significant damage was done, chances are pretty good that the insurance carrier will declare it a total loss.

Keep us posted!

Old 12-03-2007, 10:56 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
Foster's is great.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:48 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Exclamation Update!

I ended up getting my body work done at a place called True 2 Form Collision Repair off of Capital Boulevard in N. Raleigh. The main reason I used them is because the insurance adjuster I had to go to was located at that shop on that particular day and it was convenient for me to leave the car there for repairs. The adjuster was from Erie Insurance and I believe he "floats" around to many area shops to give repair estimates and is not actually affiliated with any particular shop. I am happy that the person who hit my car had this insurance company because they were very easy to deal with. Since they hit my parked car I went through Erie and not my insurance company (Geico) and I did not have a deductible or any other out of pocket expense. They even paid for a rental car for up to 8 days... but I didn't need it for that long. They came extremely close to totalling my car but I made it just under the wire. It is amazing how just a little bit of damage can total to over $2K in body work!

I was happy with the work Tru 2 Form did, but I don't know if they are any better or worse than most any body repair shop in the area. The real key is getting a good adjuster that finds all the damage so everything is covered in the original estimate so there is nothing for the body shop to find as "hidden damage" that will be additional work that goes above and beyond the money the insurance company is giving you for the repairs. The adjuster I dealt with was very good at finding all the damage that needed repair and came up with a very fair estimate. He had a few places he recommended to do the work including True 2 Form, but all the otehrs were all located in Cary because that is where he was based out of. The only thing I remember him telling me to avoid was taking the car to places like Maaco.

Sorry I can't be of much help. My car is kind of old and the damage was not really severe so I was not overly concerned with who did the work. I would ask several coworkers and friends and neighbors if they can recommend somebody since my recommendation comes with very limited experience.

True 2 Form
2821 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27604
(919) 872-2213
True2Form Collision Repair Centers

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 12-03-2007 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 PM

26 posts, read 144,555 times
Thank you NRG for your detailed reply. And to the other posters who chipped in. Very much appreciated.

GEICO, my insurance firm requested me to take the car to their adjuster located at True2form (located near 70 and 540). The damage is not much <1000 (luckily). Will update this post as to who I go with.

Thanks, again.

Tom

Old 12-03-2007, 03:39 PM

62 posts, read 406,943 times
guess I missed this thread earlier, but I have had good experiences with Prices Paint and Body in Raleigh. For future reference:
Price's Paint & Body Shop, L.L.C.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:15 PM

467 posts, read 1,774,515 times
I'll echo the sentiments of the post recommending Matthews in Durham -while they haven't completed the work yet (we're waiting for parts to arrive), I was very happy w/ their estimate and the way they've handled my situation. Not so much with Haddocks or Johnson's (both on Capital, near Wake Forest). I also got an estimate from Fosters, but it was waaaaayyyyy high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary