Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 02:20 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times

Advertisements

I have a Cigna DHMO plan. The dentists I had been going retired and one left the DHMO network. Looking for references. All the reviews from any dentist I pull up are 1-2 stars on various review sites. Looking for someone, anywhere, in the Triangle area that I can trust and is nice.

I'll need a bunch because the amount accepting patients continues to dwindle...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
I'm having this problem as well. My dentist stopped accepting Cigna and the other I saw was a total con artist.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:05 PM

30 posts, read 38,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I have a Cigna DHMO plan. The dentists I had been going retired and one left the DHMO network. Looking for references. All the reviews from any dentist I pull up are 1-2 stars on various review sites. Looking for someone, anywhere, in the Triangle area that I can trust and is nice.

I'll need a bunch because the amount accepting patients continues to dwindle...
Try Dr. Douglas Macleod [1]. He was recommended by various colleagues of mine. He has received some good reviews[1]

[1]http://www.drdouglasmacleod.com/
[2]http://www.drdouglasmacleod.com/template.jsp?doc=dr_macleod&c=Reviews&wiz=0&page=R eviews

Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 AM

677 posts, read 1,902,760 times
Not sure about "DHMO" but we have Cigna and see Dr. Kevin Arthur, practicing with his sister Charmaine Arthur Keffer on Timber Drive in Garner. Have been going to them for many years now and think they are great!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 AM

108 posts, read 203,722 times
I had the same issue with the CIGNA network dentists. I switched to Dr. Michael Jones in Cary, but I have only been to him one time and it was OK. Not fantastic, but not horrible either.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:07 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt_terp View Post
I had the same issue with the CIGNA network dentists. I switched to Dr. Michael Jones in Cary, but I have only been to him one time and it was OK. Not fantastic, but not horrible either.
That is who I saw that tried to rip me off!! I was so disgruntled after walking out of his office. Never again.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM

151 posts, read 404,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
That is who I saw that tried to rip me off!! I was so disgruntled after walking out of his office. Never again.
My wife used him for many years too .. he was reasonable for a period, but the pain kept coming back in various areas. When she had to get a tooth pulled he had crowned for her my Dad (an oral surgeon in NY) said there was a lot of work that appeared poorly done. She went and saw another dentist (referred to by an oral surgeon here), and he needed to redo another couple of crowns and more .. and confirmed he didn't do her right. That was about 2 years ago.

Now she has no pain, and this year she's only had cleanings. First time that's happened since I met her 9 years ago.

Net: I would choose someone other than Dr. Jones. Both hers and my dentists are A dentists in my book (DM me for a referral). But they're not on any DMHO, they're out of network to even our PPO. But truthfully IMO you'll be hard pressed to find A dental care in-network with any plan.

As an aside .. Dr. Jones did offer to redo the work - which was kind of him, but honestly my wife had had it .. she just wanted to get well and quit sitting in dental chairs Even though we ended up spending a good $1K+ for the work to be redone the fact that she's not in pain and no longer going to the dentist for major work has already paid itself dividends.

Last edited by kesco; 09-30-2012 at 10:00 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 PM

821 posts, read 1,461,543 times
Same issue, here - for my regular cleanings/xrays, my dentist is out of network, and I usually have to pay $20-30 out of pocket. For more extensive work, I saw Dr. Otis Washington. Unique character, but it was an ok experience (as best I can say for someone messing with your teeth!). Good luck, I hope Cigna improves.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:37 AM

379 posts, read 959,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdolls4me View Post
Not sure about "DHMO" but we have Cigna and see Dr. Kevin Arthur, practicing with his sister Charmaine Arthur Keffer on Timber Drive in Garner. Have been going to them for many years now and think they are great!
With a DHMO plan, you HAVE to stay IN-NETWORk & often times go to WHO Cigna tells you to go to.

With open enrollment rolling around soon, if your employer offers another level up of coverage, I'd go for that, just to have more choices.

Good Luck!

Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM

27 posts, read 101,694 times
Default Cigna DHMO - General Dentist

I know this is late reply but if it helps anyone in the future..
I've been seeing Dr. John Berry in Durham NC for 3 years now. I move around a lot have been to other dentists in between this 3 year period but no one is even half as good and professional as him.

Dr. John Berry Jr DDS
632 Gary St Durham, NC 27703
(919) 682-4861
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary