Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,583,555 times

Advertisements

Yeah 350 sounds right, I paid about that much 10 years ago in upstate NY for a ride to the hospital I didn't really need either after a crash. You are right in the heat of the moment you just go with the flow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLuvNC View Post
call and ask if you can join for $60 and have it applied retroactively.
I bet they would get a good chuckle out of it. Their coverage runs from October through September, so if it happened in early October there could've been a remote chance, but it was on Labor Day.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:02 PM

192 posts, read 312,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I never knew there was a charge for ambulance until my Dad got sick. Strange, huh?!! However, it is well worth the money it took to get him to the hospital so we paid the bill.

Vicki
I didn't either, 3 months ago I was alone with my little one and felt really sick. I called 911(1st time ever) and was taken to the hospital...Received a bill 2 weeks ago from EMS for $700!!!!!

Rocio

Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post

I do understand their decision, but it would've been nice if they simply mentioned "oh, by the way, it's going to cost you $$$". In this case at least I wouldn't feel like I was set up...
They were probably more focused on his care than your feelings..
They took fast action to keep your son from having brain damage from a too low O2 level,
and you feel set up ??

Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
It's ridiculous that they'd call an ambulance when it's not warranted but you didn't stop them so you're stuck with the bill. Sorry, I know it's not the answer you wanted to hear.
How in the world did you decide by his post that it wasn't warranted??

Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,412,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
How in the world did you decide by his post that it wasn't warranted??
Unless someone is unable to walk or is in need of high-tech care, an ambulance ride across the street isn't justified. There's been no mention of either being the case in this scenario.

On the other hand, if her child's life was truly in danger, then she should be grateful that medical personnel took appropriate action. Complaining about an ambulance bill should be the least of her concerns.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
Unless someone is unable to walk or is in need of high-tech care, an ambulance ride across the street isn't justified. There's been no mention of either being the case in this scenario.
That is my point. Obviously the Urgent Care thought it was safer..Low O2 is very dangerous...
In the first post he said a breathing treatment was "unsuccessful" meaning unsuccessful at getting his O2 level up.

I just think the Drs treating him are able to decide what is dangerous verses what is stable a tab better than
parents ..

Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 AM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,412,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
That is my point. Obviously the Urgent Care thought it was safer..Low O2 is very dangerous...
In the first post he said a breathing treatment was "unsuccessful" meaning unsuccessful at getting his O2 level up.

I just think the Drs treating him are able to decide what is dangerous verses what is stable a tab better than
parents ..
Yes, this is probably a case of misplaced priorities. If the situation was indeed a dangerous one, then the OP should be grateful her child received good medical care. Whining about an ambulance bill, if that was the scenario, is extremely petty.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassy View Post
I was about to suggest something similar....

If you brought him yourself you have to get registered, checked in and then wait until they get to you. IF you come in by ambulance, you get seen a whole lot quicker.
That's not true - they still triage people. My mom used to work for a woman who started the EMS service in the town I grew up in (in NY). She said you wouldn't believe the stupid things people would call an ambulance for. Literally cuts that need a bandaid. If you come in with something like that you aren't getting rushed in ahead of someone with a serious injury who drove their themself. My sister drove herself to the ER a couple years ago because she was having chest pain - she walked in, told the triage nurst "I think I'm having a heart attack" and her butt never saw a chair in the waiting room.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 AM

1,231 posts, read 3,149,890 times
Don't pay the bill. What is the worst they can do...have a debt collection agency call you over and over? I am sure there are tons of people that don't pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary