Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2007, 05:26 AM

48 posts, read 151,032 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
***So my question is this, is there a hotel 1/2 way point that allows pets that any of you know of?
We want to stop and give the kiddies a break, well no the parents

***The other is this, we need a hotel there near Clayton for 2 nights too, till our closing!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy to get there! It is so hard being here and not being able to drive past our new home a zillion times
I am sure some of you can relate!

As always thanks for your help,
Michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 05:58 AM

143 posts, read 708,532 times
If you are looking for a hotel that allows pets, try the website petswelcome.com. They list hotels in each town that allow pets and what the hotels rules are (ie additional charges). In terms of a hotel that is half way, if you have AAA, call them and ask for their help. That is what I did for a hotel 10 hours into our drive from MA and they were able to line it up. They also helped with the pet situation! Good luck with your move! We leave Sunday for our great escape out of MA!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:16 PM

Best of luck to you and your family on your trip!
ccccccyyyyyyaaaaaa MASS.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 AM

28 posts, read 84,749 times
Welcome to Clayton! I just moved here last year... hey I know most Comfort Inns are pet friendly look up their site and see if any are on the way.
You'll be taking I-95 down to Selma NC then coming up hwy 70 to Clayton . Clayton up 70 is about 15 minutes for the 95 exit in Selma. Have a good trip! and if you need anymore info when you get here, just email me thought his site!
Lynn

Old 10-11-2007, 07:28 AM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Hi Michelle,
Congrats on your move finally being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedona View Post
***So my question is this, is there a hotel 1/2 way point that allows pets that any of you know of?
We want to stop and give the kiddies a break, well no the parents
When we lived in NJ, we drove to Myrtle Beach, SC twice a year for the past 10 years. I am pretty particular with where we stop to use the restroom. We made sure that we stopped prior to passing the Maryland highway rest stops...after that, it got a little scary until we were close to Richmond VA. We got lost once in an area that had my heart palpitating.

We always tried to go as far as we could, aiming for not stopping but prepared to if we needed to. If you mapquest or googlemap in particular, you can find a town like Richmond, VA - enter MOTEL PET FRIENDLY under FIND BUSINESSES on the map and see what comes up.

Quote:
***The other is this, we need a hotel there near Clayton for 2 nights too, till our closing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, your best bet is to search on the maps. There is a B&B right in Clayton that you might want to check out.
The Morning Glory Inn

I've never stayed there and know nothing of it but it looks nice. Not sure about pets though. There are many motels in/around Clayton on 42 and 70.

Good luck!!!!! And welcome!!!
Lauren

Old 10-11-2007, 06:31 PM

Thank you all for your help!
Lauren we'll be there real soon! Wave to our house for us It is so hard being here, and not being able to do "drive by's" LOL
So much anxiety this week, I can't believe it is here.
Whoooooo......
Thanks again!
Michelle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary