Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2010, 07:29 PM

3 posts, read 30,731 times

Advertisements

Im Interested in doing contract work, hauling fill dirt for the highway projects in raleigh. Im not sure who to contact.....Anyone Help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 05:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Maybe the DOT?

Old 11-14-2010, 08:36 PM

3 posts, read 30,731 times
Thanks , but There are hundreds of departments within the Dot , I've talked to a dozen with no answer yet. Anyone else?

Old 11-15-2010, 06:58 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,760,872 times
If it is for a regular highway construction project I think you need to hook up with the contractors bidding on and doing the work. Companies like Fred Smith (was CC Mangum), Barnhill, Lane, etc or fibd their primary dirt subs They should have sub info either on their site or have someone at their offices that can help you. You can also probably go to the DOT DOH bid site and see who is bidding in an who won projects recently. They go out to bid once a month iirc.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:13 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,269 times
Sherifftruman's advise is spot on! I would have said see if you can put in a bid with the state but, unless you are a huge organization or have the capacity for a large contract, I'd go with the folks who won the bids...plus you might get other biz out of them.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 AM

1 posts, read 12,396 times
Default One big order....

Hello how are you. Well I have been sorta subbing for the last few years around the triangle. Let me tell you it is very hard to get connected. Are you a minority? If so you need to get certified. Then maybe you can get in . Like he was saying , Fred Smith, ST. Wooten, D.H. Griffin ect. If you are not a minority like me, then maybe you can use your trucks and work under a minority who has the contract. It is nearly impossible to get a contract in N.C. without having minority status. Then you pay 5 to 10 percent to the contract holder. If you can get in with a company from time to time they will give you work (straight), witch means no cutting out a percentage to a minority contract holder, good luck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary