U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 07:57 AM

4 posts, read 5,059 times

Advertisements

Anyone go here for a cleaning/ cavity filled? I need to find a dentist and would like feedback on this practice.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 AM

515 posts, read 1,631,889 times
Just took my son there...they have quite the setup, tv's over the chairs for kids and it is pretty much an assembly line. It is very efficient but did not really impress me. Staff was friendly but you could tell thier job is to get you in and get you out.

Thier prices also are a bit extreme. For a cleaning, some xrays and a obligatory dentist consult, it would have been over $300.00 if not for the coupon they sent out.

They also recommended that we get our sons teeth (4 back ones) sealed and the price was a bit over the top. I spoke to my dentist who confirmed seaing was a good idea but the price was over the top per tooth.

Overall, the place is clean, staff is friendly but it is not for me and my family.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 5,059 times
thanks so much for your response. I have a coupon - maybe I'll go since I have the coupon.... $300 is way over the top! crazy!

Old 11-09-2012, 03:20 PM

532 posts, read 2,711,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerpickles View Post
Anyone go here for a cleaning/ cavity filled? I need to find a dentist and would like feedback on this practice.

Thanks!
We followed Dr. Jennine Giles from a different practice in Wake Forest all the way to Holly Springs we liked her so much. (we are in N Raleigh, near WF)

Yes, her practice is very nice and she is very talented and the staff are warm and friendly. My husband and I have seen her twice a year+ over the past 3 years. We've had exams, cleanings, and I've had fillings. Great work every time by both the dental hygenists and the Dr.

They are always having specials, including New Patient specials. Call to discuss or check out their website. You may want to look into a dental discount plan - it's not insurance (DentalPlans.com). This is a plan where you pay an annual fee and enjoy discounted service rates when you see their members. Their office accepts one of Aetna's plans. Our discount rate is roughly 50-75% of what others are charged. The annual fee pays for itself if you go twice a year for checkup/cleaning. More savings if you have fillings, etc. If you look into this, DentalPlans.com always offers 3 extra months of benefits, but make sure the dental office works with that discount plan and if they do, ask if they have a referral code which will save you another 10% on your annual fee.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 PM

532 posts, read 2,711,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post

Thier prices also are a bit extreme. For a cleaning, some xrays and a obligatory dentist consult, it would have been over $300.00 if not for the coupon they sent out.
We use a dental discount plan (Aetna), that we purchsed from DentalPlans.com. We paid about half that with our discounted rate. You have to do a little math to see if this sort of thing is right for you, but there's a huge potential savings.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 PM

650 posts, read 814,354 times
I shouldn't touch this one but...

Do you have insurance?

We recently flipped over to a dentist in the old Food Lion shopping Center. Per my wife she had gone and got good results. I had a tooth that was a sure goner! Years of neglect. K9 tooth ! Last thing he wants to do is remove a tooth and let the others float out of position. I am 53 and he saved the tooth. Very meticulous and attentive. He had great care and showed great skill with the drill. That was 6 months ago. Do I sleep at night Now? Yes.

Can't tell how much or if you are insured but he is my go to guy now.

Shopping center at the old Food lion corner of Kildaire and Penny Road. Hemlock Bluffs area. Wish I could send his info but you are right in the area. Begins with H?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary