Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,919,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
I end up having to clean up the leaves at my place 4 or 5 times from September till around the end of the year. If I waited until they all finished falling, they'd be 2' deep, and impossible to move with a blower. I'm about to go take round 3 with my leaves today! I have an acre, and over 100 trees...and the surrounding land is mostly wooded. Bagging is not an option. Burning is some years though!
Lucky you. I've got to do mine once every week or two at the least. And don't ask how dirty the pool gets....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Last year I even went around and collected the bagged leaves and dumped them in my yard to mulch them in.
When I was a teen we sometimes collected the bagged leaves and dumped them in the neighbors' yards. I guess I was an eco-terrorist. I'm surprised my neighbors didn't thank me. [Yes, I know I was a *** for doing that.]

Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Lucky you. I've got to do mine once every week or two at the least. And don't ask how dirty the pool gets....

I SHOULD do mine once a week....but don't. Just spent 3 hours working on them!

Old 11-21-2012, 12:40 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,919,154 times
Quote:
I SHOULD do mine once a week....but don't. Just spent 3 hours working on them!
I used to spend that long before my leaf vac.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:28 PM

838 posts, read 2,523,588 times
It shouldn't cost more than $50 to blow leaves off a yard that size. My lawn service includes this as part of their weekly maintenance. It takes three guys about 15 minutes to blow all the leaves to the back of my yard, which is about 3/4 acre.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
Do it like most paid crews, blow it into the street or across the road into the neighbors yard! I saw two guys blowing leaves across Hwy 98 today...literally into a yard across the road! They were doing this through steady traffic. No idea how or why that isn't illegal!

Old 11-22-2012, 05:28 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
My wife would shoot me if I hired somebody to come get up her leaves She enjoys nothing more than getting outside with a rake and a pair of work gloves this time of year. One gigantic White Oak tree in the back yard keeps her happy from October thru December. She likes filling large plastic containers and rolling them down to the street weekly.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:32 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Do it like most paid crews, blow it into the street or across the road into the neighbors yard! I saw two guys blowing leaves across Hwy 98 today...literally into a yard across the road! They were doing this through steady traffic. No idea how or why that isn't illegal!
That burns me up when I see that. It should indeed be illegal!

Old 11-22-2012, 05:37 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
My neighbor's yard service blows leaves and pine needles into the area between our houses, which is on my property. Drives me crazy! Yeah, it's a bit of a "natural" area, but I don't need a 4"+ carpet of pine needles there (and I do access my crawlspace that way). Plus the pine tree is on *their* property! I already asked them not to do it once but they keep doing it. Yesterday I went out and filled two leaf bags with what accumulated there, and then mowed my lawn with my mulching mower. Voila! No more leaves!

Old 11-22-2012, 07:50 AM

104 posts, read 271,508 times
Thanks for all your suggestions. I suppose I wasn't clear in my post. We have A LOT of leaves on our property and we are currently unable to tend to them ourselves. We already have natural areas where the leaves are at least knee-deep. The leaves we would like removed literally cover every inch of our yard/driveway/etc and are far too numerous to all be blown/dumped into those natural areas. I was asking for feedback on the quote we received and suggestions for other services/people to call. The quote we received included removing the leaves from our property. Thanks again for weighing in everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary