Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:00 PM

32 posts, read 101,502 times

Advertisements

We're more farmer's market types... I noticed there is one in the Flower's Plantation...
We're not really into crowds or shopping either...I'm just looking forward to clean air and green trees. (We really dislike CA).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 12:02 AM

32 posts, read 101,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
Food Lion is your more basic grocery store. They are all over the place. There is usually less to choose from. I would imagine this particular Food Lion would be better than the others though..because of the location.

Harris Teeter and Lowes Foods are much nicer. With higher quality brand foods, and much more to choose from. Mainly meats, wines, beers...etc

Lowes Food is my favorite.

The Flowers Plantation area is really nice though. Just zero shopping, unless you drive along ways....25-30 minutes. The closest stuff is in Garner along hwy 70.

Hey!! I found a Lowes Food in Clayton! I also found one in Wake Forest which is great because we're looking there as a possibility as well. Thanks for the advice...Lowes Food looks great.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:12 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,694 times
Hi! We are moving into Flowers Plantation in two weeks and we're so excited! I've been to Clayton more than 5 times and loves everything about it: rural-feel, less traffic, more house for less money, and great school. I can't think of anything cons on Clayton, except one thing: inground swimming pool is not allowed in your new home's backyard. Flowers Plantation do have clubhouse/pools nearby for people who live there.

There is a new bypass 70 being built and I don't think they'll finish it until 1 or 2 years later. The positive thing about bypass 70 is you could have a shorter commute to Raleigh area, depending on where you work. Also, there is a talk about building a new high school near Riverwood/Flowers area.

Clayton is growing and of course, there aren't that many interesting stores to shop, but the nicest and closest place you can shop is at White Oak, which is located in Garner (about 10 mins drive).

You'll have to check out Clayton in person. They're really nice!

Old 10-23-2006, 12:57 AM

18 posts, read 59,291 times
I just toured Riverwood, yes, lots of cars at school start/stop time. The taxes are less at Riverwood vs Lionsgate

Old 10-23-2006, 07:05 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,426 times
I just took a client out to Flowers Plantation myself yesterday, for the first time. I have been inClayton, but never there. I'll tell you what, I was missing out. It is soooo nice out there. Whoever said it was the prettiest part of Clayton, was right. I live almost near Crabtree off Leadmine, and it took me about 30-35 minutes to get home. I put it in the GPS and it took me a way I never knew before. Prices range in there from the upper 100's to 700 I believe. I went into North Farm,which is Comstock Homes. Some of them have Walk up attic, and they even have them with full basements out there. Right now they havea price promotion reduction-deduct $5000 off the price of the home if closing prior to 12/20/06. I have been in alot of homes, and want to tell you I was impressed. RTP is only about a 35 minute commute also, for those wanting to work in the park.

Clayton's population has doubled in the last ten years. Johnston County, where Flowers Plantation is, was rated 2 years consecutively "The fastest growing county in the State of North Carolina"

The Village Farmers Market is located at 4684 NC 42 East,Clayton near the Percy Flowers Store. Fresh seasonal produce, home made pies, cakes, jellies and jams. They even have fudge(my favorite) Christmas trees and wreaths are available beginning Thanksgiving. Mon-Sat 9-6 Sun-10-6

If you haven't gone out there yet, go you'll love it. I know I will take Clients out there that want the Clayton area.

Have a great day,
Debbie

Old 10-23-2006, 05:17 PM

12 posts, read 58,081 times
Default Flowers Plantation

Just thought I'd throw in my 2cents - I moved into Flowers Plantation in early September. I have a 3bdrm home with 1/2 acre - lots of trees, gorgeous yard and great neighbors! I came here from Long Island NY in June and stayed in an apartment in Clayton while I searched several areas for 3 solid months. It was a grueling time, but I feel I ended up with the best house and neighborhood from all others I had seen (over 80 houses)!
I drove up the road last week to check out those Farm Cottage units - they were just like condo units with no space inbetween them - my house has so much space and land and trees compared to them - and the price was almost the same!

It is a great area and not really far from the main road (70) where you can shop all your basic stores, and when I need department stores or choice of restaurants, I go into to Cary.

P.S. In December Trader Joe's is opening in Cary - that's where I did 95% of all my grocery shopping, so I am Anxiously awaiting the one in Cary!!

Good luck

Old 10-18-2007, 01:13 PM

68 posts, read 180,433 times
Default Hi From Clayton

Flowers Plantation is really nice. I love my neighborhood! I chose this area because of the walking trails and setting. The schools that Flowers goes to are East Clayton and River Dell, the Middle school is a new school. Archer's Lodge and the High school is Clayton High, but they are builing a new high school. Good luck with your search.

Last edited by mm34b; 10-27-2007 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: Edited to comply with City-Data's Terms of Service - Offer of goods or services.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:15 PM

68 posts, read 180,433 times
I am from LI too. Just moved here in April. What town on LI are you from? I was born in Bay Shore, Live in Jericho.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:33 PM

27 posts, read 92,843 times
This thread is a year old, so I'm not sure if that person is still around to give you an answer to your question.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,776 times
My daughter attends a dance class at Riverwood.

I toured the area several times, it is a really nice community. Its very pretty, extremely clean and from what I can tell, everyone is super friendly (then again, it is Clayton! lol) They have a nice little section of "shops" when you first come in. I thought that was really nice BUT in my opinion, there really is nothing of use. Just a couple of businesses, a PO, some photography studio, tanning salon, etc. We went into the little cafe place thinking it was an actual cafe. It was more of "half gas station stop/half small counter that serves food. We purchased two candy bars and they were expired. Did not try the food there, it seems like food that they just heat up but again, I could be wrong. I wasnt that impressed with the cafe.

However, I love the arts center they provide. They have their own daycare center, elementary/middle school and coming soon, a church. They have a wide selection of houses ranging from single family homes to huge manision like houses.

The only downfall I saw in Riverwood was that it is a growing community so there are several hundred houses still going up. There are several houses too up for sale. I think thats just something to consider going in.

Both Riverwood & Flowers offer different floor plans. Both are very nice communities. We fell in love with the communites, but was disappointed with the floor design, it was just not what we were looking for.

Just come out and tour them! See for yourself! Make sure you see ALL of Clayton, its a great town with lots to offer.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary