Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:58 PM

455 posts, read 918,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
So, for all the Publix crazy people out there, I got a little brochure extolling their virtue in the mail today in association with the Cary store. Nothing about an opening date though.
You notice the second page of it features their amazing subs. They know what's up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 09:04 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,229,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash04 View Post
Cary store should be opening in August, they're our customer. They're opening one in Myrtle Beach also and I'm pretty sure they'll be opening more up here.
North Myrtle Beach and Pawley's Island are the first two stores in that market. Florence should not be far behind.

I would expect to hear announcements on future Publix stores in Wilmington and Fayetteville soon.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 AM

9,777 posts, read 15,781,748 times
Our next meetup can be subs at Publix!

Old 05-31-2014, 10:09 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,614,334 times
I have to say that after shopping at Publix for most of the 20 yrs I lived in FL, I really miss something's I used to shop there for. I haven't found a store here that I could do all of my shopping in. I find myself going to many different places. I am trying to like Harris Teeter but still not impressed. We live in NW Raleigh. Hopefully they will put one near Brier Creek.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:21 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,676,321 times
I'm seeing the competitive changes at nearby grocery stores. HT at Cornerstone has been running better pricing and has expanded their hot food section. Lowes at Preston Corners is building a larger hot food section and will be sponsoring a beer of the week with local brews and a tap for filling growlers (as I understood the conversation with a Lowes employee). I too received the 'howdy neighbor' flyer from Publix. I'm looking forward to their opening.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:45 PM

580 posts, read 711,879 times
Lowes at Preston Corners is totally restructuring a lot of the store. Just noticed today that they added a salad bar too.
Should be interesting to see what happens when Publix opens.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:52 PM

750 posts, read 853,508 times
Shanti - what did Publix have that you can't find elsewhere? I'm going to miss Waitrose!

Old 05-31-2014, 03:24 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,614,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitten View Post
Shanti - what did Publix have that you can't find elsewhere? I'm going to miss Waitrose!
Publix has a really good bakery , deli items and party food platters that were really good. Their meat counter / butcher was really big. I could get most if not all of my shopping in one place. Also for me moving from FL to NC I notice a big price difference in the groceries. Publix also had a lot of buy one get one free items and things on sale. Here I have been on a mission since I don't care for the local grocery stores, I have been trying to check out the farmers markets. Finding local farmers to get my meat and produce from. I try not to buy things from the center isles of the stores anyways. I ordered a produce box which will start next week. I am enjoying the Fresh Market though it is a drive for me but we did like their meats.
I will survive without Publix but will miss things like their baked goods, they have the best buttercream frosting. They were very helpful and handy for bday parties.
When I lived in the UK I survived without Publix. I do miss walking in to the valley to get my shopping like I used to do in the UK. That was handy!

Old 05-31-2014, 03:42 PM

750 posts, read 853,508 times
I've only been into Walmart on vacation in the US and couldn't find anything I wanted to buy! Strange experience. Looking forward to trying out all the NC stores
What do you mean you don't buy from centre aisles?

Old 05-31-2014, 05:05 PM

74 posts, read 112,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitten View Post
I've only been into Walmart on vacation in the US and couldn't find anything I wanted to buy! Strange experience. Looking forward to trying out all the NC stores
What do you mean you don't buy from centre aisles?
I assume they mean that the center aisles usually have more processed food, while the outside of the store usually contains all the fresh fruits and vegetables and other perishable items like cheese and etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary