Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times

Advertisements

File insurance claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
I'm sure an insurance claim has already been filed considering the range of items that were stolen.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
I would not file an insurance claim unless the losses were substantial and even then be prepared for your rates to increase, or even to be denied insurance in the future.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM

2,615 posts, read 3,144,625 times
Stop by police HQ once a week or so & see if it has turned up there. Sometimes if they arrest someone for other thefts, they confiscate all property they suspect as stolen. Long shot, but it may eventually turn up.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
I would not file an insurance claim unless the losses were substantial and even then be prepared for your rates to increase, or even to be denied insurance in the future.
Insurance is the one thing everyone pays for and are terrified to use it. We spend hundreds of dollars per year for those "what if's", and when a "what if" happens we are afraid our rates are going to increase substantially. If I pay for something then i'm going to use it.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 AM

2,110 posts, read 2,723,610 times
Thanks Jmellc, I'm doing that along with the pawn shops, etc. With each passing day I get more and more pissed off as I go to use it and realize it's not there....

Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 PM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Insurance is the one thing everyone pays for and are terrified to use it. We spend hundreds of dollars per year for those "what if's", and when a "what if" happens we are afraid our rates are going to increase substantially. If I pay for something then i'm going to use it.
It's not just rates going up, it's that your insurance can be cancelled and then you have a black mark on your record that prevents you from getting insurance elsewhere. I have a $2500 deductible on my homeowner's policy and would only file a claim for a major issue. It may not be fair to pay for something you can't use easily, but people should be aware of the real situation.

It seems like any time someone posts about a theft or water leak or whatever, people chime in to say "be sure to file insurance!" I just wanted to point out that immediately calling your insurance agent is usually NOT the best course of action. Heck, even if you call to just ask a question about filing, a note winds up in your policy.

This is a good thread to read: //www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ance-help.html and also this article: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB106380332733463200.html.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 AM

2,110 posts, read 2,723,610 times
I'm happy to report that my camera and about 95% of the jewelry, etc has been recovered and is back in my possession! Two weeks and one day after the house was hit. Persistence pays off and the items were recovered from pawn shops. My camera was found in a Spring Lake pawn shop which is about 35 miles from me. Kudos to the local sheriff's dept as they did an outstanding job. Thanks to everyone for their help, it's greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas to me!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
I'm happy to report that my camera and about 95% of the jewelry, etc has been recovered and is back in my possession! Two weeks and one day after the house was hit. Persistence pays off and the items were recovered from pawn shops. My camera was found in a Spring Lake pawn shop which is about 35 miles from me. Kudos to the local sheriff's dept as they did an outstanding job. Thanks to everyone for their help, it's greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas to me!
Yes!
Merry Christmas!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:54 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
Did they get the guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary