Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 04:52 PM

279 posts, read 702,307 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything good or bad about this apt. complex?
I will be down trying to make a final decision on the 23rd.

I am also considering North Forest in Wake Forest.

I have checked the apartment guide rating, but its hard to judge when there is one or two comments from 2007 and 1 from 06, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 05:56 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,305,726 times
I don't know about Lauren's Way, but I do know it's been around for a while. There's a brand new complex called Greystone at Widewaters that just opened a few months ago. It's not far from Lauren's Way; you might want to check it out while you're here.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:04 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetoutofmaine View Post
Does anyone know anything good or bad about this apt. complex?
I will be down trying to make a final decision on the 23rd.

I am also considering North Forest in Wake Forest.

I have checked the apartment guide rating, but its hard to judge when there is one or two comments from 2007 and 1 from 06, etc.
I know a few people from the dog park that live in North Forest....they are great folks, have wonderful dogs (always a good sign) and seem to like it there. We considered it several years ago for temp housing when it looked like we weren't going to find a home in time (we did so we never lived there).

I don't know much about it one way or the other really....but it doesn't conjure up negative images either, you know.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:55 PM

86 posts, read 141,758 times
Lauren's Way isn't like it used to be when it first opened about eight years ago. It has changed a bunch. That could be a good thing or bad thing for some people. My family would never live there. I almost started to rent an apartment there years ago when they first opened, I was single at the time. That place has alot of things going on.

If you need help finding something similar in the Knightdale area, please let me know. I can be of great assistance. We searched for two years before we made out decision.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 AM

72 posts, read 410,735 times
I second that..........we had our temp. living in the Greystone @ Widewaters apt., just off Lauren's Way, near the Lowe's Food grocery store. They are a bit expensive but, brand new w/ pool, gym, in unit washer & dryer, and wireless internet.

We will be closing on our house on Nov.2nd !!! Yeah !!! I can help answer any questions you have about Knightdale and some of North East Raleigh, we also looked for a very, very long time !

Goood luck !!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:10 AM

279 posts, read 702,307 times
Any info on Knightdale would help. We think that may be a better location as far as commute times go.
I know that we want to buy within a year if all goes well, so I really hate to sign a 12 month lease and hate it.
I know also that will all the amenities comes a higher price. It seems more economical to buy than rent.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:37 AM

72 posts, read 410,735 times
We love Knightdale and it's growing very fast !! They have built new shopping centers with big name stores. Clearing the land for more already !
Lots of new places to eat, Applebee's, Chili's, almost anything you find in other city areas.
It's only a few minutes to I540 or the new 264 bypass from almost anywhere in Knightdale.
Just like any community there are areas that I wouldn't live, but you have that anywhere. There are many wonderful areas. There are a few new subdivisions going in if you like new construction....Churchill (Centex homes), Rockbridge (Khov homes), Beaver Dam (St. Lawerence homes), those are communities with swimming pools and rec. area (2 of those have not built their pool yet). These are communities that start their pricing in the low 200k. You shouldn't have any problem finding them on the internet, let me know if you need help.
There is also a large older community (+5-10yrs) called Planters Walk that usually has at least a dozen re-sales at any given time. Prices can range from 170K - 250K just depending on sq.ft./location. It's location is great, 2 min. to the shopping center, 2 min. to I540, lots of sidewalks and a community pool. Some areas of the subdivision are a little more run down than others but it's still nice. It should also be easy to see on the internet.
I can send you some links that will allow you to search for homes, send me a private message if you want that. I'M NOT A REALTOR .....I should be with all the home searching I've done over the last 9 months hehehe

Also, craigslist is great for finding homes for sale or for rent, or for rent with option to buy.

Good luck, I hope some of this info was helpful !!

Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 5,554 times
I am considering buying a home in Planter's Walk...
Previous post:"Some areas of the subdivision are a little more run down than others but it's still nice." Does this mean older, more crime, what? Please help. Any thoughts on Planter's Walk will be greatly appreciated. I've also heard some negative things about Knightdale as far as crime, but when visiting, it seems like a lovely place to live.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:40 AM

92 posts, read 369,394 times
Question Are the schools any better?

Hey Gatorgirl -

FWIW - We bought our first house in Planters Walk in 1990 and lived there until 10 years ago. It was a great family neighborhood and it has grown up alot in the last ten years. The reasons we left were due to the uncertainty of I540 coming right through the neighborhood and the schools were horrible. We had to send our kids to magnet schools downtown and we didn"t want to have to deal with this situation anymore. Maybe things have changed, school-wise, as the area changed. Good luck!!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:04 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,947,116 times
I am not familiar with Laurens Way, I do pass the area on occassion when I have to go to the post office, which is across the street. I will say that I have lived in Knightdale the past year...it's a quiet, safe community. I had a Centex home built in a very nice community last year. I am not sure what "crime" the posters are referring too, every area experiences petty crime, break-ins from time to time. I have read about gang activity, but it didn't discourage me from buying in Knightdale. Let's face it, there is gang activity everywhere. I have been spending alot of time in Chapel Hill, there is gang presence in that community. My neighborhood/development is quiet, surrounding developments are quiet, shopping centers are safe, etc...The area in my opinion is a diamond in the rough, a bit country/rural for my taste, but a nice area at that. You have convenient access to 64 bypass, I540, and roughly 15-20 minutes to dowtown Raleigh. It may take a few more years for Knightdale to blossom, but when it does, I believe it will be a more desired community. As far as the schools, I have heard/read good and bad things, I don't have children, so I am unable to comment constructively on the school system. I think in time as the community blossoms, so will the schools. Good Luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary