Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:30 AM

5 posts, read 10,576 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about a good location to open a small country store? Specializing in Lancaster furniture and gifts? I want a small storefront and fairly in expensive in a small town feel but that will still get alot of visitors??? any ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 02:15 PM

7 posts, read 19,641 times
Also check out Mebane. The drive from RTP (30 min door to door) isn't that much more and that area is growing too and is a bit cheaper. Especially nice if you wanted to be right between Winston Salem/Greensboro and Raleigh/Durham.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:57 PM

959 posts, read 4,492,274 times
The downtown area also spreads out to some side streets that have some interesting shops/eateries on them. What you may have also read about is some antique shopping that is located in a separate area of Hillsborough where there is a huge kitschy statue of Daniel Boone I've heard it's great antique shopping but haven't gone yet. I have a standing date to check it out with one of DH's aunts though and will be sure to get more photos when I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinegal View Post
Oh, I did walk around it! We parked on a side street, and we walked around and ate at a little restaurant on the main drag. Food was good. We saw some historic buildings with nice plaques that tell you all about their history. I liked the town but I thought there'd me more little stores, etc. I'd read about Hillsbourough in a tourist mag and just thought/hoped there be a tiny bit more there.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:41 PM

20 posts, read 47,431 times
Wow these post are great they sure give a lot of information and make one constantly think and change their minds - I am coming there next weekend to look around and I have went from choosing Wake Forest to having to remove it from my list due to the distance to focusing on Durham and then being informed of the gangs and violence and then thinking mmm Hillsborough... so amny decisions the only prolem is that I will only have 1 full day to look around - wish me luck!! Any advice - I am single in my 30s like nature and quaintness but want to be near things to do and ways to meet people

Old 11-10-2007, 09:51 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kippocean View Post
Wow these post are great they sure give a lot of information and make one constantly think and change their minds - I am coming there next weekend to look around and I have went from choosing Wake Forest to having to remove it from my list due to the distance to focusing on Durham and then being informed of the gangs and violence and then thinking mmm Hillsborough... so amny decisions the only prolem is that I will only have 1 full day to look around - wish me luck!! Any advice - I am single in my 30s like nature and quaintness but want to be near things to do and ways to meet people
I wouldn't rule out all areas of Durham....there are gangs in all sorts of small towns...they don't effect everyone though.

Just keep in mind where you will be working.....areas of Hillsborough could have just as long commutes as Wake Forest depending on where you home exactly is and where you job is in Durham.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:32 PM

11 posts, read 43,059 times
Default New in Hillsborough

Have you tried the lucious chocolates from the new store downtown - Michael's Chocolates. It's in the 100 block of N. Churton. Reportedly sold out several days before Christmas. Downtown Hillsborough may not have a lot of shops, but they are all special. And there are lots of others around town.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,220 times
I'm bumping this thread because my wife and I are looking to move. We currently live in Durham and, while we love Durham, we know we can get so much more for our money outside of it.

I imagine that some of you are familiar with the Trinity Heights homes in Durham near Duke. Do you know of any homes with that look in Hillsborough? It sounds like people like the town well enough, so we're seriously considering looking there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary