Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2006, 02:58 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,270 times

Advertisements

Virtually all the posts on this forum have to do with single family homes with an occasionaly apartment thrown in as a temporary measure. Does anyone here live in a either a loft or a condo? There are days when the idea of not having to hassle with home maintenance seems like a good idea but then I am put off by the lack of space (particularly for storage) and the high association fees. I am wondering if anyone has anything good to say about high-rise living (or mid-rise) and if so, where do you live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2006, 03:21 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
I know of a luxury condo in the Chapel Hill area, that is awesome if your interested. Really nice 3 level with a rooftop patio,some with hot tubs up there. Shops all underneath, including bakery,coffee shop. Walking distance to Franklin Street. Save on gas thats for sure. PM me if you want more info on this. I also know an agent with a downtown listing.

Regards,
Debbie

Old 10-02-2006, 03:30 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
Here are the places I have come up with (I do not and have not lived in them, so take it for informational purposes only!):

Warehouse Condos: 500 N. Duke street in durham
Cotton Mill: Capital blvd (close to downtown) in raleigh
510 glenwood (raleigh)but these have a fee of 250/month
Rosemary Village (chapel hill) 150/month fee
Hudson (raleigh, fayetteville street mall) 250/month
222 Glenwood (raleigh) 280/month
Bloomsbury Estates (raleigh, under construction) 180/month

Good luck!

Leigh

Old 10-02-2006, 07:23 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
Rosemary Village is the one I was talking about. My daughter is dating the builder. They are beautiful, and worth at least looking at. Awesome location.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:26 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,852,270 times
Debbie & Leigh, thanks for the info about the lofts but I would really like to find someone who is actually living in one. I have done some research on Raleigh lofts in general but most seem like a lot of money for not a lot of square footage. I will say though that the quoted association fees are so much less than the lofts/condos here in Houston. We have a friend who lives in a very suburban location (a high rise right in the middle of a very high end residential area) and his dues are in excess of $1000 month. I would really like to hear from an actual resident as to what the experience has been for them. We are coming to Raleigh next week and will be looking at a number of options so I will be sure to visit the ones you mentioned and I thank you for the suggestions.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:22 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
Bloomsbury Estates (raleigh, under construction) 180/month
Leigh
I just Googled "Bloomsbury Estates, North Carolina" and got the website for this project.

Oh. My. God. It looks gorgeous! The website is beautifully presented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary