Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM

804 posts, read 2,003,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmela C View Post
Could never figure out why NC folks were actually paying for their transponders!!
I have an EZ Pass from NY & recalled it cost me nothing.
presumably because when this road first opened there was some questioning about whether it would be compatible with EZ pass & some people needed the transponders sooner than later. i happened to wait on it since we have family in VA & MA & likely would use our transponder for those areas. but for those who needed it then, they paid.

i think i'll be getting the MA EZ pass so i appreciate the info, bosoxfan1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 AM

159 posts, read 287,059 times
Default EZpass/Quick Pass update

I thought I would pass along some useful info:

We forgot our NY ezpass on our trip this past weekend. I remembered (that I forgot) while we were in Maryland and we were able to get one at a retail store and call in to activate it.

However I have discovered that the states will give residents discounts. It cost the MD tag user $15 bucks to cross the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, where it charges a NY tagger something like three bucks less depending upon whether it's considered peak hour. (Can be as much as $5 less)

NY is easily the most damaging state as far as tolls go, so if you go there, get one of theirs. The MD one only gave a 10% discount in MD and charged a $1.50 a month fee. The box was $9 + a $25 preload.

So I have cancelled the MD account and added another NY transponder to put in my car. Note that if you get an individual plan for use on the NY Thruway it waves the $10 signup fee and it can be used anywhere. They will mail it to you as well.

If I95 in NC goes toll I may get a local box. Because NC residents should be free and out of staters should get squeezed since they don't pay our road taxes.

Hope that helps.

Dave

Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 AM

86 posts, read 146,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_England View Post
If I95 in NC goes toll I may get a local box. Because NC residents should be free and out of staters should get squeezed since they don't pay our road taxes.
Dream on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary