Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by holahola View Post
Where can I find good breakfast tacos in the Durham/Chapel Hill area? I moved from Texas, where you could find a decent breakfast taco on any corner, but here they are nonexistent. I miss my chorizo con huevo tacos!
I like my eggs over easy... with a flour tortilla

Lyle Lovett: Nobody Knows Me - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,788 times
Default Chuy's rocks!

Austin, Texas native here. It's where Chuy's orginated. LOVE Chuy's!! We've only been in the triangle area a few months and I'm already missing Tex-Mex. Was very excited to hear about Chuy's coming to town. We ate at one in Oklahoma City once and were really happy that it was exactly like the ones in Austin as to quality and decor both.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:00 PM

25 posts, read 30,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskb View Post
North Hills is apparently getting an outpost of Austin based Chuy's. Anyone know if it's good?

Prominent Chuy's restaurant coming to Raleigh - Triangle Business Journal
Having only ate there once I would say it is okay but I was not dying to go back and have not. Like anything though it depends on what you like and a lot of people here in Oklahoma love it.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 AM

101 posts, read 188,947 times
Love Chuy's! As long as its the same quality as the one in Austin I'll be very happy!

Old 03-29-2013, 09:48 AM

65 posts, read 139,709 times
Chuy's is good but not authentic Mexican food if that's what you're looking for. So I skip the cheese enchiladas there but the chicka-chicka-boom-boom enchiladas are spicy and good. Tacos, chimichangas, and their creamy jalapeno dip- yum!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,062 times
Anybody looking for breakfast tacos isn't looking for authentic Mexican. They're Tex Mex for sure.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmamama View Post
Love Chuy's! As long as its the same quality as the one in Austin I'll be very happy!
I know some folks who have lived in or visited Austin who are at least midly excited at the option. That said, their own home page says:

"If you've seen one Chuy's...you've seen one Chuy's" tells me that Raleigh does not equal their roots in Austin.

A cursory glance says they've got 15 restaurants in Texas, and about 15 more everywhere else.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmamama View Post
No offense, but I visited their website and looked at their menu and the place sounds awful. I almost stopped reading when their soft tacos said it was on flour tortillas (pretty much a disqualifier right there), but out of curiousity, I kept on. This is just another corporate place. They have "Lays" (TM and all) breaded chicken blah blah blah.

(...and to think that Cary is labeled as being a "chain-restaurant" city.)

SuperTaquaria, it's worth the drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary