Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:25 PM

3 posts, read 3,115 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We currently live in a small town but we are 10 minutes from a larger one. I may have to schedule a visit to both in order to get a feel for the two areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Well, to be clear I think I would like North Carolina more than Florida, but if you're specifically asking about living in those towns I think Gainesville would be the winner for me. If it's between Pittsboro and Gainesville I'd have to get more info on Gainesville to sway me. I'd be really plenty happy in Pittsboro, which is a much smaller town than Sanford, but much more interesting to me. I also think Chatham County schools are better than Lee County. Chapel Hill-Carrboro schools are much better than Chatham and Orange Co is better than Chatham also, but I think Chatham and Orange are both okay.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM

459 posts, read 757,175 times
I would definitely pick Gainesville over Sanford, but that might just be the Gator in me

Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM

107 posts, read 166,704 times
I live in Gainesville, and am moving to the Triangle in August. Go to Gainesville. It's a wonderful town for a family. Cost of living is very low and housing is pretty low too, although property taxes are through the roof.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:59 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Sanford is the kind of town where a majority of social activities revolve around Church, high school football, and dining out at the numerous chain restaurants on the main strip (In the case of Sanford, it would be Horner Blvd).
This is my impression of Sanford, too. I am an NC native and for 30 yrs I had to go through Sanford to get from my home to visit my parents. Must have been through Sanford thousands of times. I bought a car in Sanford once, but I can't imagine living there. On the other hand, it's probably more like parts of KY (more Southern) than Gainesville is if you like where you are now. The topography is flat, though, with lots of pines.

I really would never live in Sanford. It would have to be a pretty good job for me to work there, too, but I could see doing that and commuting from Pittsboro or maybe someplace like Holly Springs or Apex (although I, personally, would prefer funky little Pittsboro). They do still make bricks in Sanford fwiw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary