Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:05 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

Anybody else tired with the endless debate of how the Triangle Area RE market will perform next year and the year after that? How about we rehash the fairness of realtor commissions for the 100th time? If somebody wants to tie the price of my house to the going rate for a barrel of crude oil or how much a bowl of rice sells for in China or the market price for dates in Dubai you can save your breath as far as I am concerned.

I am as guilty as the next person for perpetuating these never ending real estate debates, but I am so burned out on them at this point. I'm entering a 12-step program to kick the habit of commenting on these endless threads littered with circular logic. For now I am limiting myself to posts to help answer questions about things to do, services offered, retail and dining options, and great places to live in the Triangle.

This is the Triangle Relocation Citi-Data Forum After all.

I feel better already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Isn't this just you adding another one of those threads (actually an all encompassing one) by starting a thread based upon NOT wanting to have more threads about the topic? Maybe I am drunk

Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 AM

1,790 posts, read 6,517,890 times
I too am kinda tired of reading them but alas it seems someone is holding a gun to my head forcing me to read them.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:19 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Anybody else tired with the endless debate of how the Triangle Area RE market will perform next year and the year after that? How about we rehash the fairness of realtor commissions for the 100th time? If somebody wants to tie the price of my house to the going rate for a barrel of crude oil or how much a bowl of rice sells for in China or the market price for dates in Dubai you can save your breath as far as I am concerned.

I am as guilty as the next person for perpetuating these never ending real estate debates, but I am so burned out on them at this point. I'm entering a 12-step program to kick the habit of commenting on these endless threads littered with circular logic. For now I am limiting myself to posts to help answer questions about things to do, services offered, retail and dining options, and great places to live in the Triangle.

I feel better already!

Really!

Okay...
What should I do this weekend while coming to town to buy a house, at either 40% or 120% of listing price with no money down and no PMI?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:59 AM

Location: Between a nook-a-ler reactor and a dump, North Cackalacky
283 posts, read 1,259,517 times
N_R_G, since you're not doing the real estate trends threads any longer, maybe you can help answer a few questions I've had but for which I could never find answers?

Can you tell me which city is best, Cary, Morrisville, Apex, or Istanbul?

Which ISP in the Triangle has the lowest per-minute rate for email?

Does Wake County even bother to consider the separation anxiety put upon pet turtles when considering the year-round school schedules?

How does the Triangle compare to Shanghai? and to Florence, Italy during the Renaissance years?

I have heard about a site on the information superhighway called Wake dot Guv. Can you tell me if this is closer to 440 or 540, and what's the fastest way to get there?

My network of prosthetic-leg-wearing transgender exiles from subterranean guano pits is looking for a nice restaurant to have our monthly affirmation rallies and Sanskrit writing practice. The group is largely herbivore, carnivore, and omnivore. We need a place that will allow us to have a bonfire inside, and our friends from TBA (Transsexual Bagpipers Association) can play. Can you suggest a nice place?

If you had a choice of a bridge in Cary, a bridge in Apex, or a bridge in North Raleigh, which one would you sleep under?

I am also looking for some tips on things to do and places to go in the Triangle. Maybe some restaurant recommendations, hair salons, vet suggestions, and simple stuff like that. Can you tell me if there are *any* sites on the internet like that?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tee-tee View Post
N_R_G, since you're not doing the real estate trends threads any longer, maybe you can help answer a few questions I've had but for which I could never find answers?

Can you tell me which city is best, Cary, Morrisville, Apex, or Istanbul?

Which ISP in the Triangle has the lowest per-minute rate for email?

Does Wake County even bother to consider the separation anxiety put upon pet turtles when considering the year-round school schedules?

How does the Triangle compare to Shanghai? and to Florence, Italy during the Renaissance years?

I have heard about a site on the information superhighway called Wake dot Guv. Can you tell me if this is closer to 440 or 540, and what's the fastest way to get there?

My network of prosthetic-leg-wearing transgender exiles from subterranean guano pits is looking for a nice restaurant to have our monthly affirmation rallies and Sanskrit writing practice. The group is largely herbivore, carnivore, and omnivore. We need a place that will allow us to have a bonfire inside, and our friends from TBA (Transsexual Bagpipers Association) can play. Can you suggest a nice place?

If you had a choice of a bridge in Cary, a bridge in Apex, or a bridge in North Raleigh, which one would you sleep under?

I am also looking for some tips on things to do and places to go in the Triangle. Maybe some restaurant recommendations, hair salons, vet suggestions, and simple stuff like that. Can you tell me if there are *any* sites on the internet like that?
Simply AWESOME! I have been on citi-data for over a year and this is the best post I have ever read. I am laughing so hard right now that I am almost crying. I am going to print this post out and keep it on my wall to cheer me up when I have a bad day.

Thanks for a gut busting laugh!

I wish I could give youe 10 Rep points for that!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:15 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
Transsexual Bagpipers Association? Color me intrigued

Old 10-18-2007, 11:47 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Default You are the main culprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

I feel better already!
Sorry friend but you are the person in this forum most responsible for the high demand for real estate in the Triangle. It all began when you posted your awesome pictures in the picture thread. Simply outstanding. Almost 15,000 views have occured by who knows how many people. Almost all of them saying. How beautiful, what a great house, what a great neighborhood and at what price? Then they yell to their spouse "find us an agent we are moving to that Triangle". Then comes the inevitable thank you for posting the pictures and making everyone feel so good about the Triangle and all the possibilities here. That is all on you my friend. And now you want to jump ship? No way suck it up and get us some more pictures. The Triangle is a beautiful place and your pictures have captured it. People wil continue to want to move here and buy because they want to and can. Thank you for your part in making them want to. There is enough variety of housing prices to still make this area affordable.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:58 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
TuborgP has a good point! I don't know about you, NRG, but I've gotten tons of PMs from people asking me about southern Durham (usually people who never post on the actual forum) & I've only created one photo thread. I bet you've been positively swamped!

I, too, get a bit bored on these forums. The same questions get asked over and over again. The same topics get beaten to death, buried, & then dug back up for another round of beating. I keep coming back mainly because of those PMs. I am humbled that people feel they can turn to me & I want to honor them & help them as much as I can.

Posts like tee-tees make it worthwhile, too!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:27 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh my gosh all of these pics are amazing you guys are making me want to pack up and move to NC

Remember that line after one of your posts? That is a direct cut and paste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary