Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 PM

436 posts, read 670,879 times

Advertisements

Actually there are a number of places offering lunch. It is tedious, but I found once I clicked on the individual restaurants (on the Restaurant Week Site) that there was sometimes a lunch option which wasn't apparent from the initial promo blurb.

Hope this opens up some more options for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 AM

257 posts, read 713,379 times
There used to be a search filter on the TRW website which let you specifically look for places that had a lunch TRW menu, but for some reason they've removed it. Unfortunate, it's definitely more tedious having to check each places menu to see if they're serving lunch. But you have to, as searching by price will miss some of the places serving lunch.

And yes, the value you get tends to vary, mainly in the $30 dinner category. Some places are great values, others you're only saving a few bucks (if that) for a more limited selection.

That said, I'm a big fan of the various restaurant weeks, and plan on checking out a few places this week.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 AM

600 posts, read 1,220,932 times
we're going to try Bolt during TRW and I noticed they have a lunch menu:

http://boltbistro.com/wp-content/upl...ek-Lunch-1.pdf

Their dinner menu looks awesome (to me) http://boltbistro.com/wp-content/upl...eek-Dinner.pdf

Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwilkin View Post
There used to be a search filter on the TRW website which let you specifically look for places that had a lunch TRW menu, but for some reason they've removed it. Unfortunate, it's definitely more tedious having to check each places menu to see if they're serving lunch. But you have to, as searching by price will miss some of the places serving lunch.

And yes, the value you get tends to vary, mainly in the $30 dinner category. Some places are great values, others you're only saving a few bucks (if that) for a more limited selection.

That said, I'm a big fan of the various restaurant weeks, and plan on checking out a few places this week.
which do you feel are great values?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Some restaurants do a $20 dinner too. That's what I enjoyed at Gravy last night, and it was fantastic.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:16 PM

257 posts, read 713,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
which do you feel are great values?
Out of the $30 places I have personally been to (not nearly enough), I'd say Flights, Mura and Mia Francesca are very solid choices. I haven't been to the steakhouses (Ruth's Chris and Flemings) and Mo's Diner, but I've heard only good things about them, and they are probably good values as well. I'm sure there are others as well. Some of them are harder to judge than others, because their TRW menus offerings are not on their usual menus. Like Buku, for example.

Just remember, pretty much all the menus have at least one appetizer and entree choice which are not great values, and they'll usually be obvious (whatever's the simplest thing in the section and/or has the least meat). Those choices may still be really good, it's just going with them won't give you the most bang for your buck.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 PM

826 posts, read 1,932,754 times
Here's where I'd go this week:

Raleigh
- 18 Seaboard - Fantastic food and service, definitely a good value for upscale dining
- Bida Manda - Haven't been yet but getting some rave reviews. Good chance to try it out although I can't vouch for value on the deal
- buku - Always really good seafood and the bar has a fun atmosphere
- Coquette - a little on the louder side but great French bistro type of food.
- Mia Francesca - just went there last month - great salad, pasta and chicken dishes
- Nofo (a nice cheaper option at $10 for lunch and $20 for dinner) - can't go wrong with the pork tenderloin or the shrimp and grits. And if you haven't tried pimiento cheese, the hot dip is a great way to try! I also love their spinach burger - unlike any other veggie burger I've tried and very tasty

Apex
- Little Hen - I have not been but it has gotten some very good reviews on this board in the past. Sounds promising

Durham
- Blu Seafood is quite good with oysters and other seafoods
- I've heard that Pop's is a standard in Durham (have not been)
- If you are in the mood for more French - Rue Cler or Vin Rouge are always fun
- Watts Grocery

Otherwise, the really high end and fancy places like Lantern, Heron's or Poole's Diner aren't participating in Triangle Restaurant Week. But still plenty of local places that offer some great food.

Happy eating!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,066 times
I went to ORO recently and it was really nice, so it's a good place to try for restaurant week.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:22 PM

826 posts, read 1,932,754 times
Jibarra is not listed but they are doing specials for TRW as well. Always fun and good food.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM

600 posts, read 1,220,932 times
I love to try new places but I always have a hard time not doing Sullivan's because that place is always superb to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary