Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,101,844 times

Advertisements

Here's a stupid question, do you need to tell them that you are there for "restaurant week" when you go? We went to NY last year during restaurant week and were surprised that we weren't offered the restaurant week menu at one of the places we dined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 AM

257 posts, read 713,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Here's a stupid question, do you need to tell them that you are there for "restaurant week" when you go? We went to NY last year during restaurant week and were surprised that we weren't offered the restaurant week menu at one of the places we dined.
As a rule, no. Every place I've tried during past restaurant weeks gave me their separate restaurant week menu at the same time as the regular menu, no need to ask. I suppose there are always exceptions, but I haven't been to any of those places yet.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:19 AM

810 posts, read 1,448,997 times
I know that I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but where do you go to find out about stuff like this?

They have Indy magazine at the laundromat, which is supposed to be some kind of events and socializing guide. But, by the time I see it, most of the stuff is already over.

S

Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
cannot believe Poppyseed Market not on the list . hands down my favorite and now they do have a dinner menu!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM

804 posts, read 2,003,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
we went to brio on monday. while it is participating in the restaurant week, the server did not give us their restaurant week menu with our regular menu so we had to ask. not sure if that was an oversight or their regular modus operandi.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM

826 posts, read 1,931,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
I know that I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but where do you go to find out about stuff like this?

They have Indy magazine at the laundromat, which is supposed to be some kind of events and socializing guide. But, by the time I see it, most of the stuff is already over.

S
A lot of times, participating restaurants will have postcards advertising upcoming restaurant weeks. Or Indy or News&Observer (Mouthful blog). Of course, if you know about restaurant week now, you can just go to the websites and check in periodically. I also am an OpenTable member (making reservations online) and they usually send out an "upcoming specials" notice.

Triangle Restaurant Week :: January 21 – 27, 2013 :: a celebration of culinary excellence (they also do the Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week)
Mouthful | newsobserver.com blogs

Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM

814 posts, read 2,006,289 times
The Indy is free and can be picked up many places, such as coffee shops, grocery stores, etc. They are the best source of info on, well, anything interesting and fun to do!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM

600 posts, read 1,220,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
I really love both Raleigh Restaurant Week and Triangle Restaurant Week so I have "liked" both on Facebook and they both notify me NUMEROUS times when it is coming up. They have also been having daily contests for $50 or $100 to one of the featured restaurants.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
I'm disappointed it seems not many of the downtown Raleigh restaurants are doing lunch this year.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 PM

84 posts, read 159,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
I love to try new places but I always have a hard time not doing Sullivan's because that place is always superb to me.
Exactly. Go on Sunday and hit the bar before dinner...half-price martinis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary