Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 04:41 PM

376 posts, read 1,062,340 times

Advertisements

"Best" meaning the upscale areas with low crime, great local schools. You know, the type of neighborhoods where if you say "I live in [name]" That people think, "Oh...that's a really nice area!"
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 05:24 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinegal View Post
"Best" meaning the upscale areas with low crime, great local schools. You know, the type of neighborhoods where if you say "I live in [name]" That people think, "Oh...that's a really nice area!"
Thanks.
There are many of those inside and out of Cary....What is your price range?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:26 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,600,206 times
That sounds a little snobbish, don't ya think?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:49 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
I personally think Preston is one of the nicest in Cary, but of course everyone's opinion on this subject will differ.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:54 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
That sounds a little snobbish, don't ya think?
I think it does....but I do understand it to a degree. In many other states/areas, there are fewer 'good' areas that have that 'cache'. Also, school districts are very, very localized compared to down here...that leads to the idea that there are specific 'sections' that are that much better.

Another thing to consider is that in other states, the areas are going to have a wider range of housing prices....while down here....most developments are going to all be pretty close in price.

However, yes, it does sound a bit snobby....You can pretty much say you live in Cary (or IBL or Wakefield or North Raleigh or two dozen other locations) and people will assume you live in a nice area.

I am sure we could give specfic recomendations based on price range...but why recomend 600k homes when the budget is 300k?

Old 06-09-2007, 09:22 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,586 times
Cary is in the top ten of safest cities for a population of 100,000 or more. That's pretty good. Most people are pretty happy with the schools overall in Cary. As far as neighborhoods, I think it all depends on what you are looking for personally in a neighborhood to make it right for you.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:30 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinegal View Post
Thanks.

Birklands
Regency neighborhoods, a la:
Wyndfall at Regency
Barrington at Regency
MacGregor
MacGregor West
Preston
Regency Park Estates

Old 06-09-2007, 10:03 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
MacGregor Downs, Preston, Lochmere, to name a few!

Vicki

Old 06-10-2007, 01:11 PM

94 posts, read 393,886 times
Over the Memorial Day holiday I traveled from MI to Raleigh to do some intensive apartment hunting ... one subdivision that I stumbled upon NC55/High House was 'Wellsley' ... it had that educated, established 'homey' feel to it with LOTS of trees!!! I think the sub might be about 10 years old or so going by the age of the homes listed.

I know I could never afford to live there, but I thought... "Why would anyone pay top dollar for a new home in a Sub without trees over this????"

Here's a couple of websites that let you search by subdivison:
Search Every Home, Condo, Townhome and All Real Property in the Greater Triangle, Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and Cary Areas (they list homes and other property as well)
Raleigh Durham Apex Cary Chapel Hill North Carolina Real Estate Fonville Morisey Realty

Right now they both list 3 homes in the Wellsley subdivison $390k-$432k

Sometimes "new" isn't better....

Old 06-10-2007, 02:19 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
Wellsley is very nice too. I love the older, established feel of Preston and MacGregor. They both reek of old Cary money. (not that I am included in that bunch :-)).
We know lots of builders that live in MacGregor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary