Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Okay. Long story short.

I adored my former stylist (and dear friend) but he had to move to be with his husband out of state.

I need a really versatile stylist who doesn't want to give me mom hair (no offense to moms; I am one).

I'm in my 40s, but I'm not frumpy.

I have some ideas, but wanted to see if C-D could offer more.

Prefer Cary, but would consider Raleigh, if it's not more than 15-20 from I-40/Harrison area.

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:35 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Wow - this is really something I can adress. I searched for the right hair stylist in this area for 4 and 1/2 years. Over the years, I've posted about the salon I was going to at the time and seemed pretty satisfied. My happiness was short lived with each place. I was convinced I was going to have to fly up north every 6 weeks to get my color and cut right (I jest as I really cannot afford to do that).

I've been to several of the top salons in Cary, Raleigh and Durham. After meeting someone with AWESOME hair, I returned to a salon I had gone to previously but to a different stylist. His name is Rob and he is at J&F Gemelli in Stone Creek. He is young (mid 30's), hip with about 12 years of experience, and does a great job. I'm in my 50's and do not want my mother's hair! Rob is the only one in the triangle who got my color right and helped me grow my hair out...almost shoulder length now! I get compliments on my hair all the time. I've sent 2 friends to Rob and they love him too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 05:39 AM

53 posts, read 92,388 times
I know Claire Smith at Hair Waves in Cary is an actual color trainer for Redkin. She's a hoot to hang out with and always trendy...and I know she's also in her 40s and definitely doesn't have "Mom hair" ;-) She won a Best of the Triangle award a few years back and has some pics in the salon of some of the stars she's done when she works some of the shows that come to Raleigh. Thought that was pretty cool.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 AM

447 posts, read 1,619,949 times
Downtown Wake Forest has a fantastic stylist - Lori Hundley at Salon 21. I had always hated my hair until I met her. Now I have a great bob with gorgeous highlights. I get comments from strangers complimenting my haircut and color at least 3 times a week. I have lived in several places around the triangle. I even drove from Morrisville to downtown Wake Forest because she is such a great stylist! I am moving to Western NC for a new job and am dreading finding a new stylist. PM me for her phone number.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 AM

606 posts, read 903,657 times
I finally got a haircut that I really like. It took years but I think I finally found the stylist. She spent time with me and I showed her what I was going for with a picture. She really knocked it out of the park! She's from NYC. She's in Cary/Morrisville. Her name is Michelle. Her website is nijonalsalon.com

Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Wow - this is really something I can adress. I searched for the right hair stylist in this area for 4 and 1/2 years. Over the years, I've posted about the salon I was going to at the time and seemed pretty satisfied. My happiness was short lived with each place. I was convinced I was going to have to fly up north every 6 weeks to get my color and cut right (I jest as I really cannot afford to do that).

I've been to several of the top salons in Cary, Raleigh and Durham. After meeting someone with AWESOME hair, I returned to a salon I had gone to previously but to a different stylist. His name is Rob and he is at J&F Gemelli in Stone Creek. He is young (mid 30's), hip with about 12 years of experience, and does a great job. I'm in my 50's and do not want my mother's hair! Rob is the only one in the triangle who got my color right and helped me grow my hair out...almost shoulder length now! I get compliments on my hair all the time. I've sent 2 friends to Rob and they love him too!!
Thanks! I've gotten another recommendation for there. I'll DM you. I'm curious to know who you quit seeing there.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parr0thead98 View Post
I know Claire Smith at Hair Waves in Cary is an actual color trainer for Redkin. She's a hoot to hang out with and always trendy...and I know she's also in her 40s and definitely doesn't have "Mom hair" ;-) She won a Best of the Triangle award a few years back and has some pics in the salon of some of the stars she's done when she works some of the shows that come to Raleigh. Thought that was pretty cool.
She may also be on my list. I'll have to doublecheck. She sounds familiar.

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighkc View Post
Downtown Wake Forest has a fantastic stylist - Lori Hundley at Salon 21. I had always hated my hair until I met her. Now I have a great bob with gorgeous highlights. I get comments from strangers complimenting my haircut and color at least 3 times a week. I have lived in several places around the triangle. I even drove from Morrisville to downtown Wake Forest because she is such a great stylist! I am moving to Western NC for a new job and am dreading finding a new stylist. PM me for her phone number.
Awww. It is hard to lose a good stylist. I hope you find a new one you love.

Good luck with your move!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies1375 View Post
I finally got a haircut that I really like. It took years but I think I finally found the stylist. She spent time with me and I showed her what I was going for with a picture. She really knocked it out of the park! She's from NYC. She's in Cary/Morrisville. Her name is Michelle. Her website is nijonalsalon.com
Thanks! I'll check out her site!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:19 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
Christie at Hair Waves is good too. She just started this month (moved from another salon) and is my neighbor. She is fun and funny and does a great job!
She moved from a salon in North Raleigh (been there 10 years) and is trying very hard to build a new client base in Cary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary