Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM

13 posts, read 42,339 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend and I have been living in Wake Forest for about 6 months now. So far we love it but we're finding it hard to find time to search out good local places to have a good time. There isnt much info on this area online. We don't go out too often but try to make it out once or twice a week. We love live music, a fun bar, playing pool, a somewhat down-to-earth atmosphere, etc. but arent that picky. We've been to ODwyers and liked it and we're going to check out live music at Shuckers tonight. I've also been to Wake Forest Coffee Company, White Street Brewery, Backfins, and Over the Falls in dowtown WF.

Any suggestions on other places reasonably located to the heritage wake forest area for a good time for people in their late 20s/30s? We are really trying to find some great spots, make some friends, and make this place our home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 11:20 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
I would check out Wine 101 In wake forest they do wine tastings on Friday and Saturday night and draw a nice crowd of people of all ages.
Wine 101 Wake Forest - Wake Forest, NC - Local Business | Facebook

You might also want to check out the new Wakefield wine cellar as I new Fllas of Neuse road in the same shopping plaza as Dunkin' Donuts.

If you are open to driving a little further into North Raleigh and want to find some other coffee shops I suggest Jubala village coffee and Sola Coffe and café. Jubala Makes the best cup of coffee and Sola often has music on Friday and Saturday nights. You can check out their website for details.

Jubala Village Coffee | Best Coffee Anywhere. Period. | Handcrafted Coffee Goodness.

Sola Coffee Cafe Raleigh, Sola Coffee House, Coffee Shop, breakfast, lunch, live music on weekendsSola Coffee Cafe – Raleigh NC

Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
Try Meetup:

Young Couples Meetups near Wake Forest, North Carolina - Young Couples Meetups - Wake Forest

Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,566 times
We're kinda partial to Blue Fins Bistro.

Blue Fins Bistro – Wake Forest, North Carolina | Unchain Yourself from Ordinary Restaurants

Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 AM

24 posts, read 64,355 times
Wakefield Tavern and Gatehouse are fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary