Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 AM

315 posts, read 767,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStafford View Post
Barli, if I'm remembering correctly, you were looking for a school with a good CTE program for things other than computers, cooking, or design for your oldest, right? Can I ask where he ended up? We might be moving (again ) before the start of school for 2013-14, and if my DD doesn't get into the charter school she REALLY wants, she's asking about a school with a good woodworking program (she wants to build stringed instruments like cellos and basses) if the whole being-a-professional-musician doesn't work out (at least she's thinking about the fact that she might not succeed! )

Thanks!
Absolutely! You remembered right, he really wanted an auto mechanics program, but we found that only Apex High offers that in this area. We couldn't find a house in that area, so he ended up at Holly Springs HS. He's really a hands on kid, so construction was a really good fit.

He hasn't been there long enough for me to say if yours would get what she wants from the class, but I hope it won't matter because I hope she get's into the charter school she wants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 07:50 AM

4 posts, read 5,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justusandthekids View Post
Is there a way for me to determine which neighborhoods have been affected by reassignments/redistricting vs. the neighborhoods that have historically been left alone? We are home searching and I have the sense that the older more established neighborhoods are generally the ones that are less likely to be affected but is there anywhere I can find this information to be certain? Does anyone have some input on which neighborhoods are good options? Right now we're interested in Weatherstone, Tatton Place, and parts of Preston.

Thanks for any input!
It really has nothing to do with being an older, established neighborhood. It has to do with location. My subdivision is rather established, but there are several schools relatively close to us, and a major road that seems to be used as a dividing line.

The only way I can see to check this, is to ask residents in the current neighborhood how stable the school assignment has been, or perhaps the HOA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary