Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:47 PM

32 posts, read 164,926 times

Advertisements

We are interested in this subdivision because of the location (convinient to SAS and to NC State). However it is right next to I-40 and the noise levels worry us.
Does anyone live there already or is considering this subdivision? How bad is the noise inside the houses? Are there plans for a noise barrier?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 03:05 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Is it the one off Trinity Road? We looked at several houses back there and made an offer on two. I don't remember there being any noise from 40 but most of the ones we looked at were closer to Trinity Road, not 40. We really liked it back there!

Old 10-21-2007, 03:54 PM

Yes, it is off Trinity Rd. The sales office is in Trinity Grove across the street.
We liked the fact that is a small subdivision. We now live in a mega-master-planned community that feels too crowded and impersonal.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM

584 posts, read 2,422,692 times
My wife and I just moved in a month ago. The front of our house faces I-40 on Red Grape Rpad. We like the house very much. I can't hear the traffic inside unless everything is DEAD silent in the house and even then it's pretty darn quiet. If you bought a lot on Bianco, you'd be even better.

However, when you're outside, well, I won't kid you - it's loud. Louder than we had hoped. We're hoping that as more houses get built that it's stops the noise. If you like having the windows in the house open you'll hear it, but I have found that you get used to it.

They are not going to put up a noise barrier as a noise study was done that determined it wasn't loud enough,

Old 10-21-2007, 04:33 PM

OK, I think I am thinking of a different neighborhood. There is a road off Trinity Road called Brandywine and that's the neighborhood we looked in. There weren't any new homes back there though, they were all homes built in like the late 80's I think. Is this an extension of the same neighborhood? Because I remember there being a street that dead ended and we were told at the time that it would eventually be developed.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetna View Post
Yes, it is off Trinity Rd. The sales office is in Trinity Grove across the street.
We liked the fact that is a small subdivision. We now live in a mega-master-planned community that feels too crowded and impersonal.
I second Lamishra's comments. I visited that community a few times and never noticed noise from 40, it's decent amount of space away.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:09 PM

584 posts, read 2,422,692 times
You guys are looking at a different community because I'm sitting here in my office and I can hear a little bit of traffic. I'm in the Brandywine development built by Drees at the end of Brandywine Road.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the inside information Grawburg. We'll give it another try. They have two inventory homes posted in the website. Walking through those two homes should give us a good idea of the noise levels inside the homes. We don't spend much time outdoors, however re-sale value is a concern.
There are not many small communities in the triangle. These days everything is about the mega-subdivisions with hundreds if not thousands of homes. We are also considering Leesville Ridge, however location does not work as well for us as Brandywine.
Thanks again.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 AM

There is another small subdivision not too far from there called Braeloch. It's right off Chapel Hill Road, probably just a few miles away from Brandywine and Trinity Road and still quite close to SAS. It's very pretty back there, very small family oriented neighborhood. It might be worth looking at.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 AM

We looked at Braeloch and Trinity Grove, however Dress does not have any lots left on those subs.
Going back to the noise subject: It's interesting that when we went to Brealoch we heard a train passing by, it was quite loud. We are currently renting in Cary Park and I can hear airplanes flying by several times a day inside the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary