Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM

10 posts, read 16,428 times

Advertisements

Does any one know more details about windermere subdivision in east cary, Apex border.
Information I would like to know:-
The house are huge and looks like resales start from mid 400's which is like for any new construction in west cary for similar size houses for reputed builders.
1. Current residents of this subdivision are still only very rich and executive kind of ?
2. Any known issues with the subdivision and neighborhood ? heath related or crime related or any other?
3. Is it a good subdivision with elementary kids .
4. Is Jon Wieland builder of all the houses?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by RedZin; 02-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: Split into new thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 12:47 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I don't know much about Windermere. I have been there, though. I feel confident that it's not just filled with wealthy executives.

It's all JW, to my knowledge.

Similar size homes built by a semi-custom builder may be similar. Or more expensive. The JW homes in Glenkirk and in Cameron Pond are more expensive than Windermere. Glenkirk is resale only. Cameron Pond is new construction.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM

thanks meh_whatever.
I was wondering why windermere home resale prices are less than other JW homes even if they are in same town.
Is there any other reason other than west cary having better rated schools and close to RTP
Do you know any other semi-custom popular builder names in cary/morrisville area . names of subdivisions will help (both old and new) .

Old 02-11-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks9 View Post
thanks meh_whatever.
I was wondering why windermere home resale prices are less than other JW homes even if they are in same town.
Is there any other reason other than west cary having better rated schools and close to RTP
Do you know any other semi-custom popular builder names in cary/morrisville area . names of subdivisions will help (both old and new) .
I assume it's location. West Cary (as Cary goes) is generally seen as more desirable.

Two questions:

What price range?
Why semi-custom? (As opposed to custom and/or tract)

Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM

838 posts, read 2,523,588 times
Those houses were built on concrete slab foundations... no crawlspace. I've always assumed that's why they are priced lower.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM

189 posts, read 507,537 times
Quote:
Does any one know more details about windermere subdivision in east cary, Apex border.
Information I would like to know:-
The house are huge and looks like resales start from mid 400's which is like for any new construction in west cary for similar size houses for reputed builders.
1. Current residents of this subdivision are still only very rich and executive kind of ?
2. Any known issues with the subdivision and neighborhood ? heath related or crime related or any other?
3. Is it a good subdivision with elementary kids .
4. Is Jon Wieland builder of all the houses?

thanks in advance.
I am quite familiar with Windermere. All the homes are built by John Weiland Homes.
There are different sections within the neighborhood, at different price points - Enclave was higher priced, and back section on Shillings Chase is lower end of the neighborhood. The rest of the homes are JW Signature homes, either Basements or Walk-up Attics, with lot of Trim work, well landscaped etc. It is a great family neighborhood, with pool and club and most of the residents are professionals, executives, RTP employees, small business owners. It is convenient to 540 but not too close.
Resales are hurting because of new construction nearby.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 PM

@meh_whatever : Since you mentioned semi custom build homes, I was curious to get some information on what we have in the area. I thought they might be more affordable than JW homes. I don't have much knowledge of semi-custom build homes. I was looking up to see what we can find in cary/morrisville for mid 400's .
@gunni . thanks for the info about this neighborhood . It helps. I was looking for the main reason why resales seems to be hurting so much here when JW homes elsewhere seem to be priced so higher. As per you and another person looks like because of new JW construction in Holly Springs which is just 2-3 miles from here. I just started doing my homework. While this neighborhood looks great with way better usable lot sizes than west cary, proximity to RTP is something important for me. Its good to know that there are RTP employees/professionals in the subdivision.
@caspian.. I need to google and know more about concrete slab foundations and no crawlspace . If the builder is someone, so reputed like JW, I assumed nothing to worry about build quality. I guess there might be some things to check with reputed builder too.

Are all the preston homes in the morrisville/cary area built by JW?

Thanks all for all the good info. It all helps.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM

64 posts, read 142,622 times
Not all homes in Preston are JW....lots of different builders at different price points.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM

189 posts, read 507,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian65 View Post
Those houses were built on concrete slab foundations... no crawlspace. I've always assumed that's why they are priced lower.
Majority of the homes in Windermere are on crawl, some with basements. A small section, near Shillings chase is on slab.Wood creek in Holly Springs has new homes on slab and in Sunset Oaks also I think, but not sure.
Cary Park has several sections built by JW and better commute to RTP.
Preston village also has a JW homes section, but much older homes.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
@meh_whatever : Since you mentioned semi custom build homes, I was curious to get some information on what we have in the area. I thought they might be more affordable than JW homes. I don't have much knowledge of semi-custom build homes. I was looking up to see what we can find in cary/morrisville for mid 400's .
@gunni . thanks for the info about this neighborhood . It helps. I was looking for the main reason why resales seems to be hurting so much here when JW homes elsewhere seem to be priced so higher. As per you and another person looks like because of new JW construction in Holly Springs which is just 2-3 miles from here. I just started doing my homework. While this neighborhood looks great with way better usable lot sizes than west cary, proximity to RTP is something important for me. Its good to know that there are RTP employees/professionals in the subdivision.
@caspian.. I need to google and know more about concrete slab foundations and no crawlspace . If the builder is someone, so reputed like JW, I assumed nothing to worry about build quality. I guess there might be some things to check with reputed builder too.

Are all the preston homes in the morrisville/cary area built by JW?

Thanks all for all the good info. It all helps.

I'm confused. JW is a semi custom builder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary