Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 PM

171 posts, read 318,985 times

Advertisements

For those in the know...

When do you think we'll see a rise in resale inventory in Cary (particularly the Preston area)? I know spring is generally the timeframe most people put their homes on the market but I also realize we're still in a slump. Do you think we'll see a good number of homes pop up this spring? If so, when (March/April?). We're looking in the $350K-$400K range and haven't seen anything we're loving yet.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
There's an uptick in the spring. It may be closer to summer for really good resales that'll sell quickly.

What neighborhoods are you considering that are near Preston?

Old 02-12-2013, 03:54 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
In my neighborhood people seem to go for end of February to end of April to put their houses on the market.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
New listings are picking up. Some are recycled from Expired and Withdrawn listings, but the numbers are rising.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM

171 posts, read 318,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
There's an uptick in the spring. It may be closer to summer for really good resales that'll sell quickly.

What neighborhoods are you considering that are near Preston?
We're interested in the well-established neighborhoods in and surrounding Preston that are family-friendly, have mature trees, and offer semblance of a yard (we have two small children and a dog). We love Weatherstone and Wellesley. We are also interested in Preston Village, Tatton Place, and some (not all) of the "Preston" subdivisions.

I'm stalking the listings like crazy hoping inventory will start to pick up soon. We're looking to find our home and be settled before the new school year starts in August. We're first time home buyers so this is all a bit new to us .

Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
It doesn't take that long to close on a house here. If you find something you like in the spring you will likely be in by June.

Tatton Place doesn't have a pool if you want that.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM

38 posts, read 61,341 times
Good luck in your search. I've driven through that neighborhood and it is nice. I also messaged you.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justusandthekids View Post
We're interested in the well-established neighborhoods in and surrounding Preston that are family-friendly, have mature trees, and offer semblance of a yard (we have two small children and a dog). We love Weatherstone and Wellesley. We are also interested in Preston Village, Tatton Place, and some (not all) of the "Preston" subdivisions.

I'm stalking the listings like crazy hoping inventory will start to pick up soon. We're looking to find our home and be settled before the new school year starts in August. We're first time home buyers so this is all a bit new to us .
Price range plus number of bedrooms?

I've been scouring listings for a couple of years now. I've been in nearly as many houses around the area where you're looking than many of our C-D realtors.

Well, maybe not Mike J, but he works the Cary market more than some of our others here.

ps. I looked so long because we wanted to get to know the market. We already have a new house. Higher bracket than where you're looking, but we started out closer to your bracket.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Our inventory is low right now. Typically, more homes will come on the market in March and April (spring market). Folks that are "thinking" of selling should quickly put their homes on the market with the low inventory.

You will see homes coming on the market more in the spring as folks look to move once the kids are out of school.

I have two sets of clients currently looking in the Cary/Apex area. One in the $350,000s and one in the $500,000s.

We are seeing many homes sell after being on the market less than a week. If they are in good condition, good location (no power lines, no roads), and are priced right, they are selling. Preston and Lochmere ALWAYS sell well.

Vicki

Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Buyers need to get their affairs in order to buy.
Get their agency agreements in place.
Get their cash money trail straight and documented for the lender.
Get their preapprovals with supporting documentation into underwriting so all they need is a contract, an appraisal, and clear title, and they can close fast.

So they have total credibility when making an offer.
Multiple offers are so common right now on desirable properties at decent prices, to be slow or to show weakness is to lose out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary