Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,201 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking of buying a house in Knightdale and have been looking at different neighborhoods including Rockbridge, Churchill, Cheswick, and Beaver Dam. Does anyone have any info on any of these neighborhoods that may be helpful...home values, safety, surrounding area, etc.? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,865,906 times
Sorry for this rushed, brief post. I live in Kdale. No issues with safety, it's actually very quiet around here. Each subdivision has different pluses. If you'll DM to remind me that there is someone on this board who lives in Cheswick, I'll ask them to DM you. I live near Beaver Dam, the community center is nearby, a new park is being built down Smithfield/1st st, as well as an amphitheater and a huge subdivision developed by the same folks who did Preston in Cary. Knightdale is set for growth - a good time to buy here right now!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 6,201 times
Thanks for the response! I think we are going to be really happy in the Knightdale area...so hard to know what is the best neighborhood to choose though. I am new to this forum, so I'm not sure what DM stands for? I would love the info about Cheswick though! Thanks!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
My son bought in Beaver Dam a bit over a year ago. Near a lot of stores and services.

Very nice home, decent price. Beazer has been excellent for warranty issues.

There is a community pool.

Only issue depending on your lot you may be subject to lights and noise from Knightdale High School.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM

600 posts, read 1,220,365 times
we used to live in the Parkside subdivision in Knightdale and it was a really nice friendly neighborhood. I loved being in Knightdale. It had a small town feel, lots of conveniences, and easy to get around. We moved in 2005 but we're still just 2 miles from knightdale now so we go there often for the shopping and dining. The only thing I did not like was our base school, Hodge Road elementary. Good luck!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 AM

My suggestion is Beaver Dam or Cheswick due to being closer to everything including 540 and Triangle Town Center Mall as well as the shopping in Knightdale. However, Rockbridge isn't far from these. I will try to send you that info tonight.

To DM you click on my name and see "Send Direct Message". When you receive a message, then at the top right of any page under "Welcome O's Mommy", it will show "Notification 1", click on this to go to your message.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 AM

As for being close to Knightdale HS, what you will hear is the announcer during football games. I can barely hear them but I actually don't mind, I like to hear it. But as Saturn said, maybe in Beaver Dam you will get some light and sound along the road closest to the school. Other than this, I wouldn't know that the school is there...no issues, very quiet around here. Too quiet sometimes!

Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
As for being close to Knightdale HS, what you will hear is the announcer during football games. I can barely hear them but I actually don't mind, I like to hear it. But as Saturn said, maybe in Beaver Dam you will get some light and sound along the road closest to the school. Other than this, I wouldn't know that the school is there...no issues, very quiet around here. Too quiet sometimes!
Yes, he lives right across from the school but doesn't find it annoying.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 AM

4 posts, read 13,469 times
We too are looking at Cheswick. I notice they have started to build the pool house already. We are putting our house up for sale in Knightdale(time to upgrade) and hopefully heading over!!!

Old 04-15-2015, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,745 times
Thinking of buying in Cheswick. Now that the neighborhood has been there a while how do you like it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary