Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 04:32 PM

245 posts, read 809,170 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Just wanted to quickly comment on traffic tickets that require you to pay or show up in Raleigh at the courthouse. My husband got pulled over b/c the officer did not think his car was registered. He pulled out the registration and she then gave him a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. He was wearing seat belt while moving, took it off when pulled over to get to glove compartment.

ANYWAYS, it was a $75 ticket and he wanted to pay instead of dealing with what he thought would be the all-day hassle of going to court. I was furious! We went to Raleigh and everything was so efficient that he was out of there in less than 10 minutes, ticket dismissed. The ADA gave him a dirty look for 10seconds, possibly believing that he could be a low-life seatbelt offender, but that was the extent of the ordeal. I suppose parking could have been a hassle, but I drove him in and dropped him off to avoid that.

This may all sound so trivial, but hey, if you get a bad ticket, fight it! Then go out to Krispy Kreme or lunch in one of downtown's great spots to celebrate. All in all, it was our most efficient encounter with government bureaucracy to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 05:12 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,159,963 times
You might also write Raleigh PD Internal Affairs if you feel the ticket was given in spite.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:49 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,838,708 times
I once had a State Trooper give me a ticket for no inspection on my '69 vette....inspections of any form are not required on cars older than 35 years. He did not want to hear that and gave me the ticket anyway. (car was 37 at the time)
Oh well, they are not infallible.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,128,699 times
It stinks you had to deal with the ticket. But, it's good to know that the process was efficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary