Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 PM

8 posts, read 14,917 times

Advertisements

My family relocate to Cary/Morrisville area recently and look around to buy a town home. Can anyone share some information of Breckenridge sub-division. My family seems prefer the 3 stories Townhome in this community. But I have some concerns about that. The following may be silly questions but I appreciate any information from you.

- The constructions were built in 2002. How is the quality of the constructions, particularly the roof. Any leak on the roof if you may experience any ?

- Any safety concern ? I assume not because I heard Cary & morrisville have good name for that.

- How many rental properties approximately ?

Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM

22 posts, read 34,720 times
My family and I are currently renting a single family home in Breckenridge - I've posted some thoughts below.

Location is excellent. Close to shopping, urgent care, restaurants, etc. Also, excellent location for those commuting into RTP.

Safety has not been a concern at all, streets are well lit at night and I've seen plenty of police patrolling the neighborhood.

Quality of construction is poor in my experience. This may be partly due to the fact that I'm in a rental home (which I'm sure has not been properly maintained). Hard to explain specifically, but it just doesn't feel like a well built home.

Overall the community is great, especially if you have young children. Short walk to a neighborhood pool / playground, sidewalks on either side of the main road.

Just my two cents - DM me if you have specific questions.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:11 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I've had buyers purchase one of the 3 story townhomes and I've had buyers purchase the single family homes.

All were built by Pulte. They like the n'hood and the closeness to RTP.

Most of the roofs were built with 20 year shingles so if the home was built in 2002, the roof should be 10 years old...about half it's life.

Pulte built those same townhomes in North Raleigh in Long Lake and Pinecrest.

Vicki

Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I've had buyers purchase one of the 3 story townhomes and I've had buyers purchase the single family homes.

All were built by Pulte. They like the n'hood and the closeness to RTP.

Most of the roofs were built with 20 year shingles so if the home was built in 2002, the roof should be 10 years old...about half it's life.

Pulte built those same townhomes in North Raleigh in Long Lake and Pinecrest.

Vicki
I visited some Pulte townhomes on Litchford Road about a year ago.

The construction was so bad that I laughed when the on-site agent asked what I thought of it. I told him that if anyone did this level of work for me, I'd sue them, not pay them.

He then said that perhaps I just can't afford the townhome. I took out my checkbook and told the bozo that, if I wrote him a check for the full purchase price, my credit union would pay it with a smile.

No answer from him for that one and it was the truth.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 AM

8 posts, read 14,917 times
Do you mind sharing any information of Breckenridge TH if you have any ? They were built in 2002. I just wonder during that time how the quality ? My husband and I argue back and forth and he seem prefer that community bc it is very close to the place of work and is really close to everywhere. Plus, we can only afford townhomes around 165K. So not many choices available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
I visited some Pulte townhomes on Litchford Road about a year ago.

The construction was so bad that I laughed when the on-site agent asked what I thought of it. I told him that if anyone did this level of work for me, I'd sue them, not pay them.

He then said that perhaps I just can't afford the townhome. I took out my checkbook and told the bozo that, if I wrote him a check for the full purchase price, my credit union would pay it with a smile.

No answer from him for that one and it was the truth.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Why townhomes?

Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Why townhomes?
$165000 and close to work pretty well defines it.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,153,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuang7 View Post
Do you mind sharing any information of Breckenridge TH if you have any ? They were built in 2002. I just wonder during that time how the quality ? My husband and I argue back and forth and he seem prefer that community bc it is very close to the place of work and is really close to everywhere. Plus, we can only afford townhomes around 165K. So not many choices available.
Never saw that one.

An SFH would be a better home to buy since you'd not be dealing with multi-family living.

Buy a house - Rent an apartment (town home).

I rent so it's easy to move if low quality modern construction begins to deteriorate around me.

Good luck.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
I looked at the Breckenridge neighborhood when I moved to the Triangle back in 2004 -- pretty convenient to RTP & seemed to be a neighborhood with nice amenities. Quality was on par with what else you could get for that money.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 PM

204 posts, read 383,695 times
I actually owned one of the three story townhomes in Breckenridge for about 3 years. Good home, good neighborhood. The construction and quality was adequate. Sturdy build, but with average materials. I was happy there, and it was a good home for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary