Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:24 AM

10 posts, read 50,534 times

Advertisements

Hello all...I have been reading in this forum for some time. My family and I are moving very soon to the Raleigh area. We made a HHT last weekend and concentrated in the Clayton and East Raleigh / Knightdale areas...we did not find anything we liked.

Our next trip will focus on the Wake Forest - Youngsville areas and I was wondering what the commute times will look like to the 4700 block of Falls of the Neuse Rd from points north.

We are looking for a 4 bd / 2.5-3 ba 2200+ sq ft home on a nice lot for ~$230,000. Homes seem to be a little more expensive than what we are used to in central Georgia.

Any subdivision suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 09:47 AM

560 posts, read 2,849,541 times
Spencer's Gate in Youngsville, off of NC-98, two miles east of US-401.

Big lots and houses like you describe for low to mid $200k's.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 AM

Also, see if you can get a hold of the programs for the Wake County and the Tri-County (Franklin/Granville/Vance) Parade of Homes they just finished up. It will help you find sub-divisions in your range.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
I recently had clients from Georgia and yes, we are a bit more expensive than what they were used to.

It would help to know why you didn't find what you liked in Clayton. Thats actually where my clients bought. They got alot of house and alot of land for the money and their sons are in Johnston County schools.

Spencer's Gate IS a great neighborhood but I'm afraid the trip from there to Falls of the Neuse is going to be about 30 to 40 min. depending on traffic. Jkmcall, what do you think?

You'll get less land and less house in Wake Forest that you will in Franklin County but I think Johnston County has more available. However, it does depend on WHAT exactly are your priorities.

Vicki

Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM

54 posts, read 193,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I recently had clients from Georgia and yes, we are a bit more expensive than what they were used to.

It would help to know why you didn't find what you liked in Clayton. Thats actually where my clients bought. They got alot of house and alot of land for the money and their sons are in Johnston County schools.

Spencer's Gate IS a great neighborhood but I'm afraid the trip from there to Falls of the Neuse is going to be about 30 to 40 min. depending on traffic. Jkmcall, what do you think?

You'll get less land and less house in Wake Forest that you will in Franklin County but I think Johnston County has more available. However, it does depend on WHAT exactly are your priorities.

Vicki
I would agree that the drive down Falls of Neuse would be around 40 minutes. A bit confused by the talk about Johsnton County. I imagine communting from Johnston County to N. Raleigh every day for work would be much WORSE. Johnston County to Downtown might be 20-30 minutes, but where this guys is talking about would easily be 45-60 minutes from areas like Clayton. Johnston county doesn't seem like a good fit for a person planning to work in N. Raleigh who wants a shorter communte!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
good point, butterbeer.

I was thinking that hubby leaves N. Raleigh and goes to Johnston County in the AM but he is going opposite of traffic so it takes him about 25 min. to get to work. Same in the afternoon.

Vicki

Old 10-24-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I would agree, it takes me about 20-25 minutes to get to Capital and Perry Creek, so another 5-10 minutes to get over to Falls is about right.

This is of course assuming you don't stop at Daylight Donuts in Rolesville on the way!!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:53 AM

10 posts, read 50,534 times
This is all great information...butterbeer is right, we looked at home in Clayton and some of them we liked; but for the price I would rather commute from the North-Northeast side of town.

The commute is relative. Right now I deal with Atlanta traffic which is one of the most horrible in the country.

Thanks again for the info!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,997 times
I would be interested in your information. I am a teacher in NJ and my husband works for Enterprise. We have 2 small children and are considering a move in about a year. Don't know where to begin. Christian Church, good schools, safe neighborhoods with diversity is important to us. We like culture, arts, entertainment, and a slower life. Any suggestions.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:57 PM

3 posts, read 8,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parradox View Post
Hello all...I have been reading in this forum for some time. My family and I are moving very soon to the Raleigh area. We made a HHT last weekend and concentrated in the Clayton and East Raleigh / Knightdale areas...we did not find anything we liked.

Our next trip will focus on the Wake Forest - Youngsville areas and I was wondering what the commute times will look like to the 4700 block of Falls of the Neuse Rd from points north.

We are looking for a 4 bd / 2.5-3 ba 2200+ sq ft home on a nice lot for ~$230,000. Homes seem to be a little more expensive than what we are used to in central Georgia.

Any subdivision suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks
You should check out Oak Park subdivision in Youngsville. The builder is Keystone Builders which I found at Keybuild.com. The homes there are so reasonable. You can get a 2400 sq. ft. home for 217,000. The lots are a really good size too. I don't know what the commute would be to Falls of Neuse I think with traffic it would be maybe a half hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary