Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times

Advertisements

How about Jimmy V's - it only popped into my head because they were on the health inspection report on WRAL last night...I've never even been there. Or is it a chain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,614,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
Awesome:

It would be great to somehow get a sticky on this, or at least put a link to it in the Raleigh Sticky thread. (Doesn't have to be a sticky, just an easy way for anyone to refer back to this post, and to point newcomers to it.)

Morrisville would be nice too, as would one for DT Raleigh, and other areas. And then mosaic them all into one easily accessible spot.

Props to all those who contributed (on the other thread) to this, and to ADL for putting it all together.
Thanks!

Well, I found out you can only edit your post for a certain amount of time, which I expected would happen. Once I get some feedback on this thread I can start a new thread with all the updates, and hopefully we can link that in the Raleigh sticky thread. I'd be willing to taken on Morrisville at some point (since I think it gets overlooked), but I'll leave DT Raleigh to the people who spend a lot of time there.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
How about Jimmy V's - it only popped into my head because they were on the health inspection report on WRAL last night...I've never even been there. Or is it a chain?
Hopefully they got a good grade! Apparently not a chain, so added!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:26 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
I am amazed that you got this up so fast.

So what's the final list?

Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I am amazed that you got this up so fast.

So what's the final list?
I can be very focused when I'm avoiding studying. Let's just say I'll never again forget how to format a URL on these boards.

Revised list is on post # 8. I'll update again this evening (because I really do have to study today!).

Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
Don't forget Rancho Grande! Think I'll go today for one of their soup specials

There's also that new Ethiopian restaurant on the corner of Maynard and Reedy Creek. Next to Lucky 7, another non chain if you like Americanized Chinese.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Ginza and Kabuki?

Old 02-23-2013, 09:33 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
I can be very focused when I'm avoiding studying. Let's just say I'll never again forget how to format a URL on these boards.

Revised list is on post # 8. I'll update again this evening (because I really do have to study today!).
Don't forget Cafe 21 Chef Hamm's Locations and Services

Two restaurants doesn't count as a chain does it?

Wish we had a Saladelia Cafe in Cary. Love that place.

Every time I get to yearning for Gugelhupf, or Parker and Otis, or Elmo's, or Vin Rouge, Toast, or... I'll haul out your list and start counting my blessings.

Thanks a million and good look on that CPA exam.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Don't forget Cafe 21 Chef Hamm's Locations and Services

Two restaurants doesn't count as a chain does it?

Wish we had a Saladelia Cafe in Cary. Love that place.

Every time I get to yearning for Gugelhupf, or Parker and Otis, or Elmo's, or Vin Rouge, Toast, or... I'll haul out your list and start counting my blessings.

Thanks a million and good look on that CPA exam.
I think that as long as it's a local restaurant (started here) with more than one location and is not part of a national franchise it should count (like Hibernian).

Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I think that as long as it's a local restaurant (started here) with more than one location and is not part of a national franchise it should count (like Hibernian).
Totally agree. Even stuff like Char-grill is good to know. It's not my first choice, but for someone looking for options to eat in Cary (that are unique to our area) I totally agree.

Can't remember if Tribecca is on there or not, but it's another that falls into that catagory (as does Cafe Catura)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary