U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 AM

2,945 posts, read 6,794,090 times

Advertisements

I guess I just don't see the problem with a lot of the points in the OP. Especially at the first place mentioned.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 09:44 AM

1,272 posts, read 1,185,416 times
There's a facility near my house that may fit what you're looking for. It's about a mile from where 147/15-501/I-85 converge in Durham. It's rural, and on 14 acres (according to the website). Looks like $31 a day for boarding and "day camp" where they play outside with other dogs throughout the day. I've never actually used them, so I can't really make a personal recommendation.

www.sunnyacrespetresort.com

Last edited by j7r6s; 10-24-2007 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: fixed link

Old 10-24-2007, 11:31 AM

60 posts, read 273,462 times
We have been very happy with Camp Bow Wow. They let the dogs run in large play areas during the day. I am able to check on them with the internet cameras. They are not cheap, but we think it is worth it.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:51 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,553,049 times
I'm biased, having been a pet sitter/dog walker for several years before I went back to work full time. If you can find an in-home sitter, it's well worth the money and your dog will be in the comfort of familiar surroundings. No kennel cough either! If you were here in MA, I'd refer you to my friend who used to pet sit/dog walk with me. She's still going strong and in fact, will even board dogs at her house for $30/day. Perhaps there are some dog walkers/ sitters there that would do the same.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:25 PM

85 posts, read 292,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
I guess I just don't see the problem with a lot of the points in the OP. Especially at the first place mentioned.
Different strokes for different folks.

My dogs are my children. I'm not comfortable boarding them in a place where they spend 99% of their day in their pen, such that they may have an accident (in which case, the sloped floor comes in handy to the staff). My dogs are both energetic labs......if they spent 23 hours a day in a pen, for several days in a row, they'd be bouncing off of my walls when they got home. Secondly, boarding them in a cramped facility surrounded by nothing but concrete, isn't my idea of humane. I prefer trees, grass, and fresh air for my dogs....and opportunities for them to relieve themselves more frequently than after 12-hour periods. Again, different strokes.

There's a reason for why different types of boarding facilities exist. I'm looking for the type that you may not like -- or may think is excessive. In PA, we had a facility that provided the types of amenities that I'm seeking. I'm simply looking for such a place in the Triangle area, if it exists.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:40 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,171,612 times
NChomesomeday, I used someone that did doggy daycare to board my dog at their house. He usually only did care during the day. His family spoiled her rotten. She even slept in their bed and made herself right at home. I think they may have been too good to her.

I've also boarded my dog at a kennel on a farm. I'm sure there must be something like that around here.

I'm going to keep my eye on this thread. I need to board my dog over Christmas.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:42 PM

2,270 posts, read 8,551,907 times
We use Camp Canine CampCanine Home, though someone on this board had a problem with them. I've also heard good things about Camp Bow Wow Dog Boarding, Pet Boarding from Campbowwowusa.com. We've also used Pet Au Pair . They are great (and we still use them for our cat) but our dog really likes running off energy at Camp Canine.

Last edited by J_Lurk; 10-24-2007 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: added links

Old 10-24-2007, 12:46 PM

2,270 posts, read 8,551,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop108 View Post
trees, grass, and fresh air.
By the way, even at the camps where the dogs play together and spend a lot of time out of the pen I don't think you are going to find grass. It is something to do with state health regulations and the need to be able to hose down the facility. Most use gravel.

But you should be able to find the fresh air...

Old 10-24-2007, 12:52 PM

3,031 posts, read 8,553,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
NChomesomeday, I used someone that did doggy daycare to board my dog at their house. He usually only did care during the day. His family spoiled her rotten. She even slept in their bed and made herself right at home. I think they may have been too good to her.

I've also boarded my dog at a kennel on a farm. I'm sure there must be something like that around here.

I'm going to keep my eye on this thread. I need to board my dog over Christmas.
My friend and her family spoil the dogs rotten, too. If I had a dog, I'd definitely send it to her house!

Old 10-24-2007, 01:07 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,390,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
There's a facility near my house that may fit what you're looking for. It's about a mile from where 147/15-501/I-85 converge in Durham. It's rural, and on 14 acres (according to the website). Looks like $31 a day for boarding and "day camp" where they play outside with other dogs throughout the day. I've never actually used them, so I can't really make a personal recommendation.

www.sunnyacrespetresort.com
I have used Sunny Acres for my 2 dogs and it seemed just fine to me. Their rates are pretty good too. We usually buy additional playtimes, but they don't charge separately for each dog since they go out together. My dogs board together in an indoor/outdoor run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary