Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 PM

600 posts, read 1,221,930 times

Advertisements

Is there a website which will show you the local Realtors as well as their information? I would like to see how many listings they have, and how many homes they sell annually. My home just expired and I do want to try a different Realtor. The Realtor I had was as sweet as could be, but I am not sure that she had a ton of experience and even though she was with a major chain, she didn't seem to have many resources either.

DMs from or about realtors are welcome.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 PM

43,356 posts, read 77,229,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
Is there a website which will show you the local Realtors as well as their information? I would like to see how many listings they have, and how many homes they sell annually. My home just expired and I do want to try a different Realtor. The Realtor I had was as sweet as could be, but I am not sure that she had a ton of experience and even though she was with a major chain, she didn't seem to have many resources either.

Thanks!
Which Realtor is better at closing listings?
  • Closes 50 listings a year, of 100 listings taken.
  • Closes 5 listings a year, of 7 listings taken.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM

Point well taken. The issues I came across though was low volume listings meant she did not have things at her disposal that a more prolific lister may have. She didn't have a "special financing" sign or a neighborhood sign, she didn't know if it was possible to update errors on trulia, et. al. She didn't have any "priority" (for lack of a better word) on real estate listings so that her houses stood out or had special banners, etc. I don't know that she had advertising. I had an open house and nobody came, not even nosy neighbors! Oh, experience getting really good pictures as well. We wound up taking our own pictures and she used ours because they were better. When a friend of mine in the business elsewhere looked at them, she had suggestions such as getting all of the windows in one shot, closing this door, etc. to make them look better. My realtor did not have those suggestions. Finally, a more prolific lister may have staging advice. I asked her to walk through and suggest any changes that may be necessary and she only had one which was to organize the clothes in my closet my color. I was a little surprised that there was nothing else that should be done, etc. Does that all make sense as to why I want someone that has more experience? In this case I am comparing experience to resources/ability.

I do know there is a fine line. I contacted one of the largest firms in the area and have already given up on them because it is two weeks between replies and the replies aren't relevant to the email at all.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Point well taken. The issues I came across though was low volume listings meant she did not have things at her disposal that a more prolific lister may have. She didn't have a "special financing" sign or a neighborhood sign, she didn't know if it was possible to update errors on trulia, et. al. She didn't have any "priority" (for lack of a better word) on real estate listings so that her houses stood out or had special banners, etc. I don't know that she had advertising. I had an open house and nobody came, not even nosy neighbors! Oh, experience getting really good pictures as well. We wound up taking our own pictures and she used ours because they were better. When a friend of mine in the business elsewhere looked at them, she had suggestions such as getting all of the windows in one shot, closing this door, etc. to make them look better. My realtor did not have those suggestions. Finally, a more prolific lister may have staging advice. I asked her to walk through and suggest any changes that may be necessary and she only had one which was to organize the clothes in my closet my color. I was a little surprised that there was nothing else that should be done, etc. Does that all make sense as to why I want someone that has more experience? In this case I am comparing experience to resources/ability.

I do know there is a fine line. I contacted one of the largest firms in the area and have already given up on them because it is two weeks between replies and the replies aren't relevant to the email at all.
Get a right to fire the agent written into your next listing agreement. That way you can sign one as long as you want to, and know you are not stuck with an agent who doesn't measure up.
The agreement should spell out exactly how the agent will market the home.

Of course, the agent may want that "Right to Fire," too, but the real goal is to get 'r done, and sell the house, right?

Old 03-04-2013, 02:40 PM

I would not have fired her. She invested her time and energy into us and did try and deserved the 6 months to try and make it work imo. I was really hoping she would sell and get the commission, obviously for me but also for her.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:41 PM

So back to my original question, do you know of a good resource that has realtor information?

Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I would not have fired her. She invested her time and energy into us and did try and deserved the 6 months to try and make it work imo. I was really hoping she would sell and get the commission, obviously for me but also for her.
Understood and much appreciated.

You might do better next time. You might not. It seems to me that one of the biggest concerns of many buyers and sellers is being contractually married to an agent who just doesn't fit.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
So back to my original question, do you know of a good resource that has realtor information?
It is pretty much up to the agent to provide their own stats.

The topic was just bandied about on the CD Real Estate forum.

//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...-realtors.html

Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,958,095 times
Why not talk to some neighbors about agents that have been active/successful in your neighborhood?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,302,265 times
Quote:

Thanks!
In what area is your house located and what price range is the neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary