Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,165,745 times

Advertisements

Another one bites the dust. Napper Tandy's is closed.

Some rumors floating around as to why, and how long. They may be moving to another spot, and changing the name of the current business. (Murphy's Law).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 PM

226 posts, read 506,913 times
Is this true? We were just there on Saturday night. Admittedly there wasn't a huge crowd, but I didn't know they were closing. Was this sudden or a long time coming? How did you find out?

Old 11-04-2013, 07:49 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,165,745 times
Yes, it's true.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9881167&type=1

Old 11-04-2013, 08:09 PM

328 posts, read 767,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussakka View Post
Is this true? We were just there on Saturday night. Admittedly there wasn't a huge crowd, but I didn't know they were closing. Was this sudden or a long time coming? How did you find out?
My husband was there Saturday night as well; for the first time. He said it wasn't all that great but he was shocked that it was now closed.

Last edited by redandorangeskittles; 11-04-2013 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: weird.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,726,364 times
What the what?! Closed? No, I can't believe it. I spent way too much time at that place in my adolescent college years. They always seemed to be doing well. This just doesn't make sense.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:44 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Default Not closed, just moving to new location.

I did some digging and according to a twee from Triangle Downtowner they are just moving to a new location on Glenwood Avenue.

Here is the Tweet:

@WeLoveDowntown: "Murphy's Law will change over to Napper Tandy's tomorrow! It's not going away, just moving to Glenwood South"

Old 11-05-2013, 07:18 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I did some digging and according to a twee from Triangle Downtowner they are just moving to a new location on Glenwood Avenue.

Here is the Tweet:

@WeLoveDowntown: "Murphy's Law will change over to Napper Tandy's tomorrow! It's not going away, just moving to Glenwood South"
Quite the relief. We don't eat there regularly but whenever we want to head downtown for dinner it's our first choice.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:59 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Hopefully they can make a go of it there. I was never a huge fan of Murphy's, although the service staff was nice, they seemingly closed the kitchen at random (I was in there at 9pm once and it was closed) and couldn't keep it full. I think Napper could do better in the space.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:14 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
Just a quick update on the "Where in the world is Napper Tandy's" thread.

We decided to visit the new location this past Saturday. As long-time patrons and fans we were curious where the new spot was and if it would look any different.

Before I share the details of our visit I would like to extend the caveat that they had just moved to a new location, this was their first weekend operating there and that they might have still been looking for things in packing boxes. That said, we wound up leaving before ever getting around to placing an order.

When we first went downstairs we stood by the hostess station for (and I'm not exaggerating) five minutes without anyone even acknowledging us. While it was moderately busy we were literally the only people waiting to be seated and there was an abundance of open tables. Eventually we decided to see how long the wait was upstairs at the Mexican restaurant but after learning it was at least a thirty minutes decided to try Napper Tandy's one more time. And so we trudged downstairs again, I intercepted what I believed was a hostess and asked if we needed to be sat or could just pick a table - she said just pick any open table and so we did. Well we sat there for another five minutes (my oldest timed it) and no one came over to even acknowledge us. As a matter of fact we didn't even see a waitress for the entire five minutes, at all, anywhere. Obviously having to admit defeat, I wanted to at least complain to someone on the way out. But the only obvious employees were behind the bar and my family refused to wait while I wasted more time on a meal that wasn't going to happen and so we left.

The good news is that my wife suggested we try Bad Daddy's in Seaboard Station which turned out to be a great meal. In an ironic twist we went from being totally ignored at Napper Tandy's to receiving probably the best service I've ever received, ever, at any restaurant. They couldn't fill up the glasses fast enough or time the food delivery any better.

So good night for Bad Daddy's, bad night for Napper Tandy's. And I hope Napper Tandy's quickly fixes what was broken because it has always been a great place to eat and enjoy live music and I'd like to see them continue on.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:05 PM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Before I share the details of our visit I would like to extend the caveat that they had just moved to a new location, this was their first weekend operating there and that they might have still been looking for things in packing boxes. That said, we wound up leaving before ever getting around to placing an order.
I'm not sure why you feel the need to apologize for them. You're not the owner, are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary