Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 10:37 AM

19 posts, read 122,282 times

Advertisements

Finally, some additional news about other stores/restaurants at Parkside Town Commons. It's great to see some restaurants coming to this area because right now there's aren't many options available.

Target
Harris Teeter
Golf Galaxy
Field & Stream
Chuy's (Tex-Mex restaurant!)
Tijuana Flats
Toby Keith's Bar and Grill
Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe
Panera Bread
Jersey Mike's
IT'SUGAR
PetCo

See list at Parkside Town Commons | Shop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 11:22 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,726,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
Also, does anyone know if O'Kelly Chapel will turn into Little drive or if it strictly intersect w/ Louis Stephens Drive?
It'll turn into Little Drive (top right in the below image):

Old 11-28-2013, 11:25 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,726,364 times
As a side note, this development would be better if the Harris Teeter was closer to the planned residential. It's like they went out of their way to put them as far away from each other as possible. Then they stuck a giant road in between everything.

Horrible pedestrian footprint.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:54 PM

120 posts, read 237,535 times
Well, I'm excited. We're moving into the Amberton at Stonewater apartments right across 55 in January. I admit I was hoping for a Costco, but Target is good. Not thrilled it's HT, though. Does Target even do non-supers anymore in stand alone buildings like that?

Old 11-30-2013, 06:12 AM

297 posts, read 740,557 times
I suspect the grocery section of this Target will be small - likely in response to a rental agreement with HT. Costco would have been great, but they never would have put it there. Personally, I find Target much more useful with a large grocery attached, otherwise, it's just another department store. I'm hopeful, but already a bit disappointed.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:19 AM

351 posts, read 693,371 times
I'm looking forward to all this. Spring of 2014 is when phase 1 is expected to be done, and the fall will be the completion of phase 2. At least...that's what I've heard. Next year will be a big year for Parkside!

Old 11-30-2013, 01:30 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,762,210 times
At least it looks like some of the stores will be different than what is in every other center in Western Wake.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:54 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,823,728 times
Great sleuthing everyone! I actually find great deals at the Target grocery from time to time. They have lower pricing on some "higher-end" food brands, which I enjoy.

I may frequent that candy store on my way to the movie theater too

Field and Stream is pretty new. Only two locations I could find. It's Dick's Sporting Goods response to Gander Mountain and Bass Pro Shops. A few other sit-down restaurant options would be great as well.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:14 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
As a side note, this development would be better if the Harris Teeter was closer to the planned residential. It's like they went out of their way to put them as far away from each other as possible. Then they stuck a giant road in between everything.

Horrible pedestrian footprint.
^^^^ Absolutely agree.
Why are the 294 residences just tacked onto the plan instead of being integrated into the commercial community? Terrible placement of the apartments, when they had a fairly blank canvas to work with.
Similar to Park West in lack of attention to placement of residences, but at least those residents are close to some conveniences.
The new apartments at Harrison Pointe are at least close to HT.
And The Bradford will be more pedestrian friendly, too.

Old 12-01-2013, 06:31 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,236,855 times
I wish it were a grocery store other than Harris Teeter. It would be nice to get a whole foods, trader joes or something else. We already have so many Harris Teeters quite close to this development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary